5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Theaters Built during Restoration
- The Importance of Being Ernest
- Scene Designer
- Famous Actresses 17th and 18th century
- a Oscar Wilde (1895)
- b Help set the tone and style of the production
Establishing Locale and Period
Providing a Central Image or Metaphor
Coordinating Scenery with a Whole
Solving Practical Design Problems
- c Theater Royal
Lincoln's Fields Inn
Dorset Garden Theater
- d Nell Gwynn: flower seller, Mistress of Charles II, very funny. Very popular in her day.
Elizabeth Barry: stoic
Anne : never got married
- e 1656, first female actress on stage. illegal!
5 Multiple choice questions
- comic pieces of business used repeatedly by characters in Italian commedia dell'arte.
- pit- raked with benches- mid priced seats
Boxes- expensive seats
galleries- cheapest seats
- an attempt to revive and emulate classical attitudes towards art based on
- cunning clown
- 10 beats per line (heartbeat)
5 True/False questions
Punch and Judy → Japanese writer who wrote emotional plays about the middle class. Suicide plays. They were banned though.
Tartuffe → Jean-Baptiste Poquelin or Moliere
Stage Manager → Owned part of his company
Lord Chamberlain's Men - during Queen Elizabeth's reign
King's Men -during King James reign
Cuckold → short versions of full length plays.
A Doll House → Henrik Ibsen