← Drama Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Restoration tragedy
- A Midsummer Night's Dream
- a William Shakespeare
- b a man with an unfaithful wife.
- c a character alone on stage speaking his or her thoughts aloud.
- d Follows neoclassical rules
- e Japanese writer who wrote emotional plays about the middle class. Suicide plays. They were banned though.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Theater Royal
Lincoln's Fields Inn
Dorset Garden Theater
- Comedy of professional player.
Highly valued because of the high level of performance.
Stock characters. Improvisation.
- Help set the tone and style of the production
Establishing Locale and Period
Providing a Central Image or Metaphor
Coordinating Scenery with a Whole
Solving Practical Design Problems
- Thomas Betterton
- Written expressly for the court
Performed in banquet halls with the King/Queen and court participating
Inigo Jones- designed stage and costumes.
5 True/False Questions
Hair shirt → Owned part of his company
Lord Chamberlain's Men - during Queen Elizabeth's reign
King's Men -during King James reign
First Actress → 1660
Punch and Judy → Japanese writer who wrote emotional plays about the middle class. Suicide plays. They were banned though.
Columbina → 1656, first female actress on stage. illegal!
Arlecchino (Harlequin) → cunning clown