← Patho Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A family was exposed to an airborne contagious disease on their vacation trip. All the family members started showing symptoms within 2 days except one of the sons which didn't get sick at all. The son who didn't get sick is said to be ___________ to the disease.
- Nick stopped showering for a week, doing so it increased the risk of getting a disease from the build up of bacteria. In this example the physical barriers are impaired by:
- Mucociliary Blanket
- a mucous secretions that traps microbes...once trapped will be transported away by coughing and sneezing or salivation washes microbes to stomach.
- b Immune
- c Third stage of infection where the pathogen use host nutrients and environment or cell organelles for reproduction.
- d Indirect Factors
- e Mechanical Barrier that makes it hard for bacteria to break it because of the production of keratin. I removes the organisms by shedding of outer layer, has lightly acidic pH, high NaCl concentration and subject to periodic drying.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Begin to notice the symptoms but they are non specific for diagnosis.
- First line of defense...offers nonspecific resistance to any microbe or foreign material. Lacks immunology memory.
- Opportunistic Microorganism
- Nonspecific barrier which protects against bacteria by the flushing action of tears. The tears secrete Lysozyme, lactoferrin and secretatory IgA
- ability of the pathogen to invade and multiply in the host.
5 True/False Questions
Genitourinary track → Nonspecific defense by digesting cell wall of bacteria in stomach.
Invasion → Second stage of infection in which the pathogens resist host defense and attaches to host cells through adhesion molecules and receptors.
Colonization → First stage of infection in which the pathogens are present in body without tissue invasion.
Commensalism → Benefit only the microorganism and does not affect the human.
Symbiosis → Mechanical Barrier that makes it hard for bacteria to break it because of the production of keratin. I removes the organisms by shedding of outer layer, has lightly acidic pH, high NaCl concentration and subject to periodic drying.