5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Veneration of ancestors
- Daoism (Taoism)
- Qin dynasty
- a Established in 221BCE at the end of the Warring States period following the decline if the Zhou dynasty. Fell in 207 BCE.
- b rectangular structures with flat roofs which served as tombs for the pharaohs noble officials
- c Government ruled by an upper class
- d Family members give and provide for their deceased family members.
- e Philosophy associated with Laozi. Stressed need for alignment with Dao or cosmic force
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- state of changeless bliss that hindus achieve by living a life of religious devotion and moral integrity without any interest in wordly pleasures
- means between the rivers 1st civilization developed in the plain of the Tigris and Euphrates river valley
- guarding great pyramid at giza, head of a human body of a lion
- most important ruler of the Babylonian empire responsible for codification of law
- A form of political organization typical of Mesopotamia consisted of agriculture ruled by a king
5 True/False Questions
Shang dynasty → Chinese dynasty that succeeded the Qin dynasty in 202 BCE. Ruled for the next 400 years.
Pyramids → Monumental architecture. Pharaohs buried under.
hatshepsut → A group of people who believed in Judaism.
Nirvana → Indo-European nomadic pastoralists who replaced Harappan civilization; militrized society
Legalism → Political government. During Qin and early Han period. Disdained Cunfucian virtues in favor of a state ruled by force, Human nature was evil and required restraint and discipline.