← WH Test #1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Book of the Dead
- a One supreme power in hinduism
- b Acted as a moral code for the people of Egypt. For reincarnation.
- c sacred Hindu language developed by the Aryans in the Indus Valley
- d family of rulers
- e Belief in one god
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Founder of Maurya dynasty; established first empire in Indian subcontinent; first centralized government since the Harrapan civilization
- process of slow drying a dead body to prevent it from rotting
- dynasty established in Indian subcontinent in the 4th century B.C.E following invasion by alexander the great
- Established in 221BCE at the end of the Warring States period following the decline if the Zhou dynasty. Fell in 207 BCE.
- helped the pharaoh, "steward of the whole land", in charge of the government bureaucracy
5 True/False Questions
Babylonian Empire → a group of countries under a single authority with an emperor as the leader.
Nirvana → Indo-European nomadic pastoralists who replaced Harappan civilization; militrized society
Sudras → buddha's teaching
Hammurabi → most important ruler of the Babylonian empire responsible for codification of law
Silk Road → Network of roads through central Asia where silk and other luxury items were traded. Most trade was carried by nomadic merchants. Ideas were also traded.