5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Babylonian Empire
- filial piety
- a people from Europe. aka. Hittites or Aryans
- b Respect and worship for parents and ancestors, esp. for man head of the household.
- c Unified of all of Mesopotamia c. 1800 BCE collapsed due to foreign invasion 1600 BCE conquered Akkadians
- d the spiritual half of, the body which the egyptians believed could return
- e helped the pharaoh, "steward of the whole land", in charge of the government bureaucracy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- uses same principles as hieroglyphics but less complex used in everyday life, business transactions, and record keeping
- One of chief region in India. River located in India
- egyptian king
- Network of roads through central Asia where silk and other luxury items were traded. Most trade was carried by nomadic merchants. Ideas were also traded.
- grandson of Chandragupta Maurya; completed conquests of Indian subcontinent converted to Buddhism and sponsered spread of new religion throughout his entire empire
5 True/False Questions
mastabas → stone shrines built to house personal possesions; preserved buddhist architecture
Qin dynasty → Originally a vassal family of Shang China; possibly Turkic in origin. Overthrew Shang and established second historical Chinese dynasty.
dynasty → family of rulers
City-state → A natural barrier protecting Egypt. Waterfall
Kshatriyas → Warriors section of the caste system