5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Black Land
- Dharma (Buddhism)
- Eightfold path
- a Hinduism wheel of law that contains eight steps for elimination suffering
- b Belief in one god
- c Rich flood soil along the Nile
- d Monumental architecture. Pharaohs buried under.
- e fundamental law of the universe
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of people who believed in Judaism.
- A natural barrier protecting Egypt. Waterfall
- state of changeless bliss that hindus achieve by living a life of religious devotion and moral integrity without any interest in wordly pleasures
- Established in 221BCE at the end of the Warring States period following the decline if the Zhou dynasty. Fell in 207 BCE.
- Creator of the major Indian and Asian region; born in the 6th century BCE as son of local ruler among Aryan tribes located near the Himalayas; became ascetic; found enlightenment under bo tree; taught that enlightment could be achieved only by abandoning desires for all earthly things
5 True/False questions
Han Wudi → most important ruler of the Babylonian empire responsible for codification of law
ka → tribal chieftan (prince) of Aryans, assisted with the tribal council, formed elite warrior caste, power based on ability to protect tribe, first prince choosen by Brahman
Monsoons → seasonal winds crossing indian subcontinent and southeast during summer brings rains
Book of the Dead → The divine source for political legitimacy of Chinese rulers. Established by Zhou to justify overthrow of Shang
Code of Hammurabi → based on retribution divided by social classes covered every aspect of life set down rules and punishments