5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Shiloh
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Battle of Bull Run
- Border state
- a A bloody two battle in Tennessee. Union Gen. Grant help the North win despite heavy losses on each side.
- b Lincoln's declaration of freeing the slaves that changed the purpose of the Civil War
- c People who profit off of war time needs
- d Neutral states that decided to remain in the Union
- e The first battle of the war. The South won and proved that the war would be long and bloody.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One of the most bloody battles. It took place in a small field in Maryland, no true winner was declared.
- A final attempt for the South to win at Gettysburg. Led by Gen. Pickett of the South, most of his men died on the charge.
- Required all men between 20-45 years old to serve in the military if called.
- To destroy all food, shelter, or equipment of the enemy so that they are forced to surrender.
- Northerners who did not think they should be attacking the South to preserve the Union
5 True/False Questions
Gettysburg Address → Lincoln's famous speech at the memorial to all whose died at the battle (50,000 men.) He said that the war was a test for a democratic nation.
Battle of Chancellorsville → A victory for the South over three days of fighting, but Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson dies.
Income tax → To destroy all food, shelter, or equipment of the enemy so that they are forced to surrender.
Appomattox court house → The right to have a hearing before being jailed
Habeas Corpus → The right to have a hearing before being jailed