← Chapter 6 Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What the economy of the missions?
- San Antonio de Valero
- Where was La Salle going to build his colony?
- El Camino Real
- a Farming and ranching
- b official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
- c "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
- d mission built on the San Antonio River
- e Mouth of the Mississippi River
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mission and presidio built by Aguayo near Matagorda Bay
- mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
- they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- San Antonio
- governing council of a Spanish settlement in Texas
5 True/False Questions
Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur? → Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.
Pueblo Revolt → forced settlers out of New Mexico
What were the three European countries exploring in North America? → San Antonio
Why was the mission at La Bahia built? → Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.
Fort St. Louis → military bases in Spanish colonial America