← Chapter 6 Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- East Texas became important to the Spanish after which country started to explore the area?
- Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur?
- Where was La Salle going to build his colony?
- El Camino Real
- Pueblo Revolt
- a Mouth of the Mississippi River
- b forced settlers out of New Mexico
- c France
- d Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.
- e "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
- official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
- name used for Hasinai Indians
- mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
5 True/False Questions
San Antonio de Valero → "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
What the economy of the missions? → Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.
What were the three European countries exploring in North America? → thin cereal
What did the missionaries eat every day in the mission? → thin cereal
Who built San Fernando de Bexar? → mission built on the San Antonio River