← Chapter 6 Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- East Texas became important to the Spanish after which country started to explore the area?
- What the economy of the missions?
- Why was the mission at La Bahia built?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- a they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- b Farming and ranching
- c France
- d to convert the Karankawa Indians
- e revolution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- name used for Hasinai Indians
- San Antonio
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
- Mouth of the Mississippi River
5 True/False Questions
Ayuntamiento → governing council of a Spanish settlement in Texas
Aguayo Expedition → governing council of a Spanish settlement in Texas
San Francisco de los Tejas → mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
What was the first civil organized government in Texas? → San Antonio
Who owned the ranchos? → Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.