5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where was La Salle going to build his colony?
- What tribe did the settlers at Fort St. Louis fight against?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- a they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- b Mouth of the Mississippi River
- c official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
- d name used for Hasinai Indians
- e Karankawa
5 Multiple choice questions
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
- "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
- mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
- priest who wanted to build missions in East Texas
5 True/False questions
San Antonio de Valero → mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
What was the first civil organized government in Texas? → San Antonio
Who built San Fernando de Bexar? → mission built on the San Antonio River
Fort St. Louis → military bases in Spanish colonial America
Were presidio soldiers paid very much? → No