5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why was the mission at La Bahia built?
- San Francisco de los Tejas
- San Antonio de Valero
- Chicken War
- Where did the Spanish flee to after they burnt down San Francisco de los Tejas?
- a to convert the Karankawa Indians
- b mission built by the Spanish in East Texas that ended in failure
- c Mexico
- d expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- e mission built on the San Antonio River
5 Multiple choice questions
- thin cereal
- forced settlers out of New Mexico
- "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
- military bases in Spanish colonial America
- Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.
5 True/False questions
Who owned the ranchos? → Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.
Who built San Fernando de Bexar? → mission built on the San Antonio River
Father Hidalgo → mission and presidio built by Aguayo near Matagorda Bay
alcade → official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
Why was La Salle's colony a secret? → Mouth of the Mississippi River