← Chapter 6 Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What did the missionaries eat every day in the mission?
- What the economy of the missions?
- What tribe did the settlers at Fort St. Louis fight against?
- Pueblo Revolt
- a Karankawa
- b military bases in Spanish colonial America
- c thin cereal
- d forced settlers out of New Mexico
- e Farming and ranching
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- San Antonio
- official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
- governing council of a Spanish settlement in Texas
- families from the Canary Islands
5 True/False Questions
La Bahia → mission and presidio built by Aguayo near Matagorda Bay
Father Hidalgo → priest who wanted to build missions in East Texas
Chicken War → name used for Hasinai Indians
Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur? → Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.
What was the first civil organized government in Texas? → San Antonio