5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who owned the ranchos?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- Chicken War
- What was the first civil organized government in Texas?
- Where did the Spanish flee to after they burnt down San Francisco de los Tejas?
- a Mexico
- b they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- c Some ranchos were privately owned, but many belonged to the missions.
- d expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- e San Antonio
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
- families from the Canary Islands
- forced settlers out of New Mexico
5 True/False Questions
San Antonio de Valero → "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
Where was La Salle going to build his colony? → they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur? → forced settlers out of New Mexico
Aguayo Expedition → mission led by the governor of Coahuila to reoccupy the missions in East Texas after the Chicken War
Why was the mission at La Bahia built? → Spanish had tried to force the indians to give up their spiritual beilefs.