5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- Were presidio soldiers paid very much?
- San Antonio de Valero
- Why was the mission at La Bahia built?
- Aguayo Expedition
- a they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
- b No
- c mission built on the San Antonio River
- d mission led by the governor of Coahuila to reoccupy the missions in East Texas after the Chicken War
- e to convert the Karankawa Indians
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- governing council of a Spanish settlement in Texas
- "Royal Road" that led from East Texas missions to Mexico City
- Spain, France, and England
- expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- Farming and ranching
5 True/False Questions
Why did the Pueblo Revolt occur? → forced settlers out of New Mexico
Father Hidalgo → priest who wanted to build missions in East Texas
vaqueros → name used for Hasinai Indians
Fort St. Louis → settlement built by members of the La Salle expedition
What was the first civil organized government in Texas? → thin cereal