← Chapter 6 Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chicken War
- What the economy of the missions?
- Who built San Fernando de Bexar?
- Why was La Salle's colony a secret?
- a Farming and ranching
- b expansion of an ongoing conflict between France and Spain in Texas
- c cowboys
- d families from the Canary Islands
- e they were afraid of the Spanish reaction to the proximity of a French site so close to Texas
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to convert the Karankawa Indians
- name used for Hasinai Indians
- mission led by the governor of Coahuila to reoccupy the missions in East Texas after the Chicken War
- official who served as mayor, sheriff, and judge in Spanish settlements in Texas
- to smooth the relations between Indians and missionaries.
5 True/False Questions
Who owned the ranchos? → mission built on the San Antonio River
Pueblo Revolt → revolution
Were presidio soldiers paid very much? → No
revolt → name used for Hasinai Indians
What were the three European countries exploring in North America? → thin cereal