5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- jerarquía social: inca, curaca, amauta, puric
- el mito de Quetzalcóalt
- distancia entre Europa y el Oriente, según Colón
- a in Incan society, a small community or family group whose members worked together for the common good of the peoples.
- b purics worked under foreman, ten foreman under curaca. The Inca was ahead of all
- c El dios de la serpiente emplumada, simboliza la union del elemento material, terrestre, representado por la serpriente, y el aspecto celestial, representado por las plumas del quetzal. Solo exigia flores y mariposas.
- d 8000 millas (actual distancia entre Portugal y Cuba)
- e the Aztec goddess who gave birth to the moon, stars, and Huitzilopochtli, the god of the sun and war.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Inti Sun god of the Incas who believed he was the parent and they were children of the sun,
Viracocha: Incan god, creator of the people of the Andes,
Pachamac -Incan god his name ment lord of the earth
- la historia de la creacion de los maya, se llamaba la biblia maya
- The marriage of Isabel (Kingdom of Castile) and Fernanda (Kingdom of Aragon) bound by a feudal economy based on sheep grazing (Castilla) with a commercial maritime economy (Aragon). Other strategies: sales tax (general sales tax), royal patronage, the Holy Office of the Inquisition, Gramatica Castellana Nebrija, eject the Jews
- Cortes sink all boats less than one so you can send letters to Charles V
- Cortes and his men barely escape the city on June 30, 1520 in the "Noche Triste." Suffer many casualties took refuge in Tlaxcala. He wrote a second letter regarding Carlos V. From Spain shortly after receiving recognition from the Crown in advance.
5 True/False Questions
la muerte de Moctezuma → Moctezuma died a stone when Cortes asked to leave from a balcony to try to speak to the crowd and appease the rebellion.
Cajamarca → the cradle of the Inca empire. (valley of Cuzco)
Bernal Díaz del Castillo, Historia verdadera de la Conquista de la Nueva Espana (fechas y contenido) → Among the soldiers is Bernal Diaz del Castillo, who, during his old age, written testimony about the conquest of Tenochtitlan under the title True History of the Conquest of New Spain (published in 1632
Uso de la leyenda de Quetzalcóalt → was necessary not only to conquer territory but to integrate their people into a common culture. He imposed their language, Quechua, and its official religion, worship the sun god
Entrada a Tenochtitlán (fecha) → 8 de noviembre de 1519