5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bernal Díaz del Castillo, Historia verdadera de la Conquista de la Nueva Espana (fechas y contenido)
- período formativo (fechas aproximadas)
- Manco Capac y Mama Ocllo
- distancia entre Europa y el Oriente, según Colón
- a Among the soldiers is Bernal Diaz del Castillo, who, during his old age, written testimony about the conquest of Tenochtitlan under the title True History of the Conquest of New Spain (published in 1632
- b 1500 AC-300 DC
- c 8000 millas (actual distancia entre Portugal y Cuba)
- d Inca ruler who was tricked into a conference by Francisco Pizarro, tried to ransom himself with a hoard of gold, and was executed by garroting. The Spaniards then fought their way to Cuzco and conquered his Empire
- e son and daughter of the god Inti who came to earth to civilize the people. Were founders of the Inca empire. They brought a golden rod and sank in the cradle of the Inca empire.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- study at the University of Salamanca. Study to become a notary two years but did not finish the race. Shipped to the Spanish at 19 years.
- the Aztec goddess who gave birth to the moon, stars, and Huitzilopochtli, the god of the sun and war.
- 8 de noviembre de 1519
- nacio en Extremadura en Espana en 1485
- Spanish grammar "tool of empire"
5 True/False Questions
Jerónimo de Aguilar y Doña Marina → shipwrecked sailor whom cortez found on yucatan peninsula; spoke local language and helped cotez conquer the aztecs,
Aztec woman who became an interpreter for Hernando Cortes during his conquest of the Aztec empire
mita → Labor extracted for lands assigned to the state and the religion; all communities were expected to contribute; an essential aspect of Inca imperial control.
Tlaxcala y Cholula (los lienzos de Tlaxcala) → April 17, 1492, Columbus begs and gets the territories that to be granted be discovered perpetual and hereditary title of Admiral, like that of D. Alonso Enriquez had in Castile Columbus kings named his viceroy and governor-general, get a percentage of the goods of the Americas. (a contract between the kings and Colon)
Estrategias de centralización del poder bajo los Reyes Católicos
(Strategies for centralizing power under the Catholic Monarchs) → The marriage of Isabel (Kingdom of Castile) and Fernanda (Kingdom of Aragon) bound by a feudal economy based on sheep grazing (Castilla) with a commercial maritime economy (Aragon). Other strategies: sales tax (general sales tax), royal patronage, the Holy Office of the Inquisition, Gramatica Castellana Nebrija, eject the Jews
los teotihuacanos → Desarollo en valle de Mexico. Centro de ciudad en Teotihuacan. Pirámides del sol y la luna. Pirámide de Quetzalcóatl. Alfarería policromada. Ciudad destruída o abandonada en 650. Carácter benigno de los dioses.