History Hell: Part 3
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tiberius Gracchus
- Gaius Marius
- Gaius Gracchus
- a Their number was very small (roughly 5 to 7 percent) but they monopolized roman senate and were socially and legally superior.
- b literally means serving the people.
- c Continued to push for redistribution of land, so the senators instigated mob action, which killed him.
- d His mother was Cornelia Africana, she was the example of the perfect Roman Mother.
- e He was of common birth and very sympathetic to reforms taken by Gracci brothers.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Some of these came from state owned land.
- 'Best man' that controlled the senate.
- Became single MOST important leader of Rome in Second century, became counsel 5 times in five years.
- Tiberius Gracchus was the very first one of these.
- Great landed estates.
5 True/False Questions
Gaius Marius → Recruited an army for himself, not for roman state. He recruited not from small farmers, but from displaced farmers and landless residents. (proliteriats) these people became very loyal to him.
Populares → Aristocrats who used the popular assemblies as instruments to break the optimates' dominance.
Tiberius Grachuss → His mother was Cornelia Africana, she was the example of the perfect Roman Mother.
Tiberius Grachuss → Then Roman Senate beat him to death.
Plebeians → Artists, craftsmen, etc. They are both socially and legally inferior.