← PL Day 7 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 31 no 2
- Cyclical writing
- 27 no 2
- a Opus number of the Pastorale
- b ____________ (Haydn/Mozart/Beethoven/Bach) frequently slides into the next section of the piece instead of having an obvious ending/announcement of the theme ending.
- c The unifying device of Beethoven.
- d Opus number of the Tempest
- e Opus number of the Moonlight
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Opus number of the Das Lebewohl
- The two opuses and 1 WoO that comprises the Diabelli variations.
- True or false: prior to Beethoven composers were composing for specific purposes and time constraints.
- True or false: Beethoven composed more works that were of shorter length than Mozart or Haydn.
- The movement that Beethoven used to replace the Minuet.
5 True/False Questions
True → True or false: there were frequently improvised cadenzas in the classical era.
13 no 1 → Opus number of the Tempest
Bagatelles → The Beethoven equivalent of Bach's Goldburg variations.
Sense of pacing → What defines Beethoven and makes him a great composer?
Diabelli → Beethoven's most significant miscellaneous piano works.