← Chapter 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The city-states where each like what?
- When did the Akkadian Empire conquer Mesopotamian city-states to unite as an empire?
- What does 'Neo' mean?
- Who decreed that a king's son would be heir to the throne?
- Who created ideas that led to the 60-minute hour and 7-day week?
- a Small, independent countries
- b Sargon
- c The Neo-Babylonians
- d New.
- e 2300 B.C.E.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- About 300 years
- Code of Laws (1st written laws, 1st apply to all)
- A military blockade and attack on a city to force it to surrender.
- 1792 to 1750 B.C.E.
- Siege warfare, where they camped outside the city and attacked until the city fell. They also perfected the battering ram and the siege tower, which they rolled up to the wall and climbed on.
5 True/False Questions
Who invented aqueducts? → The Assyrian Empire
Who came first, Sargon or Hammurabi? → 56 years
Define empire. → a large territory in which several groups of people are ruled by a single leader or government
Why was the code of laws made? → Stele. It was placed in a temple for all people to see.
Why were the Assyrians feared? → Because of their military might and cruelty (myths...).