← Mid-term Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chinese dynasty
- River valley civilizations
- Silk Road
- a A line of rulers from the same family
- b 1st civilizations developed in river valleys.
- fertile soil; allowed for surpluses.
MESOPOTAMIA- Tigris & Euphrates
INDUS VALLEY- the Indus
1st CHINESE CIVILIZATION- Huang He
- c an ancient trade route between China and Europe
- d Code of conduct for knights during the Middle Ages
- e Noble in Europe who served as a mounted warrior for a lord in the Middle Ages
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- king of the franks who conquered much of western Europe
- Advanced Indian society located in present day Mexico City. Engaged in the most human sacrifices. Conquered by Cortes in 1519
- The division or conflict in the Roman Catholic Church from 1378 to 1417, when there were rival popes at Avignon and Rome
- 356-323 b.c., king of Macedonia 336-323: conqueror of Greek city-states and of the Persian empire from Asia Minor and Egypt to India.
- Italian astronomer and mathematician who was the first to use a telescope to study the stars.
5 True/False Questions
Marco Polo → Italian explorer; spent many years in China or near it; his return to Europe in 1295 sparked a European interest in finding a quicker route to Asia.
Pope Urban II → Old Stone Age when people made tools from stones and were hunters and gatherers
serf → Largest and most powerful Andean empire. Controlled the Pacific coast of South America from Ecuador to Chile from its capital of Cuzco.
Cathedral → Holy wars
Johann Gutenburg → invented the printing press