5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- temporal lobes
- frontal lobes
- CT scan
- a a series of x-ray photographs taken from different angles and combined by computer into a composite representation of a slice through the body.
- b the portion of the cerebral cortex lying roughly above the ears; includes the auditory areas, each of which receives auditory information primarily from the opposite ear
- c ...
- d limbic system component that regulates hunger, body temperature and other functions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a nerve network in the brainstem that plays an important role in controlling arousal.
- controls language reception—a brain area involved in language comprehension and expression; usually in the left temporal lobe (p. 389)
- the brain's sensory switchboard, located on top of the brainstem; it directs messages to the sensory receiving areas in the cortex and transmits replies to the cerebellum and medulla
- the large band of neural fibers connecting the two brain hemispheres and carrying messages between them
- a condition in which the two hemispheres of the brain are isolated by cutting the connecting fibers (mainly those of the corpus callosum) between them
5 True/False questions
sensory cortex → the area at the front of the parietal lobes that registers and processes body touch and movement sensations
medulla → ...
MRI → tissue destruction. A brain lesion is a naturally or experimentally caused destruction of brain tissue
Broca's area → controls language reception—a brain area involved in language comprehension and expression; usually in the left temporal lobe (p. 389)
amygdala → the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal