5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How does the temperature change in the stratosphere and why?
- Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are...
- a Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
- b Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
- c Conduction, convection, radiation.
- d (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
- e Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
- The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
- Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
- Lines that connect points of the same temperature.
- Most common gas in the atmosphere.
5 True/False questions
Air → Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
Greenhouse effect → Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
Weather → Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
Stratosphere → Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
Reflection → Light bounces off an object.