5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Higher altitudes have _____ temperatures and _____ air pressure than lower altitudes.
- Greenhouse effect
- Cloudy nights
- a Decreased and higher.
- b The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.
- c Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
- d Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
- e (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most common gas in the atmosphere.
- High and low.
- A molecule of three oxygen atoms.
- Light bounces off an object.
- Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
5 True/False questions
Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are... → Conduction, convection, radiation.
Weather → Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
Troposphere → Layer of the atmosphere where ozone is located.
Six temperature controls are... → Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
Tropopause → The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.