5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
- b Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
- c Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
- d (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
- e Lines that connect points of the same temperature.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Second most common.
- The process that produces weak rays that travel in all directions.
- Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
- Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
- Most common gas in the atmosphere.
5 True/False questions
Climate → Based on observations of weather that have been collected over many years. Helps describe a place or region.
Heat flows from matter with ____ temps. to matter with ____ temps. → Conduction, convection, radiation.
Heat → A mixture of various gases (nitrogen and oxygen make up 99% of clean, dry air).
Tropopause → Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.
Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are... → Conduction, convection, radiation.