5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Heat flows from matter with ____ temps. to matter with ____ temps.
- Greenhouse effect
- a Light bounces off an object.
- b High and low.
- c Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
- d Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
- e Based on observations of weather that have been collected over many years. Helps describe a place or region.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
- Decreased and higher.
- Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
- (involves making contact = touch) Transfer of heat through molecular activity.
5 True/False questions
Tropopause → The boundary between the troposphere and stratosphere.
Three ways that energy (heat) can be transferred are... → Conduction, convection, radiation.
Radiation → Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
Nitrogen → Second most common.
Stratosphere → Layer of the atmosphere where ozone is located.