5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cloudy nights
- Heat flows from matter with ____ temps. to matter with ____ temps.
- Higher altitudes have _____ temperatures and _____ air pressure than lower altitudes.
- a Transfer of heat with OR without the use of a medium.
- b Energy that flows from one object to another due to increase in temperature.
- c Higher temperatures than clear nights because clouds absorb outgoing radiation and reflect it back toward Earth.
- d High and low.
- e Decreased and higher.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Heating of the atmosphere by radiation absorbed by gases.
- Latitude, heating of land and water, altitude, geographic position, cloud cover, and ocean currents.
- Temperature increases because the atmosphere's ozone is concentrated there.
- Conduction, convection, radiation.
- Lines that connect points of the same temperature.
5 True/False Questions
Reflection → Mass movement or circulation within a substance; Heat rises/Cool sinks.
Scattering → Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
Nitrogen → Most common gas in the atmosphere.
Weather → Constantly changing; refers to state of atmosphere at any given time or pace.
Troposphere → Lowest layer of the atmosphere; where coulds and rain occur.