5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Complex institutions
- 10.000 Immortals
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon
- a Built by King Nebuchadnezzar for his wife who was homesick. One of the seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
- b Long-lasting patterns of organization in a community.
- c Elite group of Persian soldiers who helped Darius seize Persia's throne in 522-521 BC. Could never go under 10,000.
- d Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
- e Southwest Asian kingdom that controlled a large empire from about 85 to 612 B.C.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Southwest Asian people who helped destroy Assyrian Empire.
- Belief in many gods.
- Persia's king in 550 B.C.
- Chaldean king who restored Babylon.
- Thick bed of mud.
5 True/False questions
Hammurabi's Code → List of 282 specific laws that was based on "an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth". First ever set of laws.
Empire → Political unit in which a number of people or countries are controlled by a single ruler.
Ashurbanipal → One of the Assyrian kings who was able to read several languages.
Satrap → Babylon's chief god.
King's Eyes and Ears → Two major staple crops of Mesopotamia.