5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Five characteristics of civilization are...
- a Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
- b Group of people in Asia who invented metal coins and the Persians adopted this.
- c Cyrus' son, who extended the Persian Empire by conquering Egypt (named after Cyrus' father).
- d Advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- e Political unit in which a number of people or countries are controlled by a single ruler.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Governor that ruled a province.
- The earliest rulers of the city-states because they could talk to the gods.
- Assyria's capital.
- Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.
- Defeated city-states of Sumer with his army - created world's first empire.
5 True/False Questions
Wheat and barley → More than a large group of people living together.
Fertile Crescent → Arc of rich farmland in Southwest Asia, between the Persian Gulf and Miediterranean Sea.
Complex institutions → Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
Zoroaster → Series of rulers from a single family.
City state → Governor that ruled a province.