5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Complex institutions
- a Persian prophet and religious who lived around 600 B.C.
- b Long-lasting patterns of organization in a community.
- c Governor that ruled a province.
- d Cyrus' son, who extended the Persian Empire by conquering Egypt (named after Cyrus' father).
- e Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rivers that flow southeastward to Persian Gulf.
- Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
- More than a large group of people living together.
- Southwest Asian people who helped destroy Assyrian Empire.
- Series of rulers from a single family.
5 True/False questions
Specialized workers → Artisans - skilled workers who make goods by hands.
Darius → Cambyses' successor, noble of dynasty. Seized throne in 522-521 B.C.
City state → A city and its surrounding lands functioning as an independant political unit.
Mesopotamia → Plain between Tigris and Euphrates.
Lydians → Group of people in Asia who invented metal coins and the Persians adopted this.