5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Persia's king in 550 B.C.
- b Person forced to leave homeland.
- c Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
- d Persian prophet and religious who lived around 600 B.C.
- e Series of rulers from a single family.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Artisans - skilled workers who make goods by hands.
- Belief in many gods.
- The earliest rulers of the city-states because they could talk to the gods.
- A city and its surrounding lands functioning as an independant political unit.
- Cambyses' successor, noble of dynasty. Seized throne in 522-521 B.C.
5 True/False questions
Cultural Diffusion → Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
Hammurabi → Babylonian king that created Mesopotamia's 282 laws.
Assyria's Military Machine → Had strong and well-disciplined army they used to conquer empires.
Wheat and barley → One of the Assyrian kings who was able to read several languages.
Marduk → Cambyses' successor, noble of dynasty. Seized throne in 522-521 B.C.