5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Assyria's Military Machine
- a Had strong and well-disciplined army they used to conquer empires.
- b Southwest Asian kingdom that controlled a large empire from about 85 to 612 B.C.
- c Babylon's chief god.
- d Group of people in Asia who invented metal coins and the Persians adopted this.
- e One of the Assyrian kings who was able to read several languages.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Defeated city-states of Sumer with his army - created world's first empire.
- Darius' secret group of inspectors whose job was to monitor the satraps and the people to make sure they were doing their jobs.
- Babylonian king that created Mesopotamia's 282 laws.
- Built by King Nebuchadnezzar for his wife who was homesick. One of the seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
- Plain between Tigris and Euphrates.
5 True/False questions
Persia → Empire that was ruled by diplomacy and tolerance whose capital city was Babylon.
Irrigation → Ditches that carried river water to their fields and allowed them to produce a surplus of crops.
Cultural Diffusion → Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.
Sumer → Region in Mesopotamia; size of Massachusettes that held most of the city-states.
Darius → Persia's king in 550 B.C.