5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- King's Eyes and Ears
- Tigris and Euphrates River
- Cultural Diffusion
- a Process of a new idea or a product spreading from one culture to another.
- b Thick bed of mud.
- c Rivers that flow southeastward to Persian Gulf.
- d Person forced to leave homeland.
- e Darius' secret group of inspectors whose job was to monitor the satraps and the people to make sure they were doing their jobs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Plain between Tigris and Euphrates.
- Political unit in which a number of people or countries are controlled by a single ruler.
- Southwest Asian people who helped destroy Assyrian Empire.
- A city and its surrounding lands functioning as an independant political unit.
- Two major staple crops of Mesopotamia.
5 True/False Questions
Persia → Southwest Asian kingdom that controlled a large empire from about 85 to 612 B.C.
Five characteristics of civilization are... → Pantoon bridges, tunnels under walls, archers, ladders.
Specialized workers → More than a large group of people living together.
10.000 Immortals → Elite group of Persian soldiers who helped Darius seize Persia's throne in 522-521 BC. Could never go under 10,000.
Zagros Mountains → Elite group of Persian soldiers who helped Darius seize Persia's throne in 522-521 BC. Could never go under 10,000.