5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second
- partially elastic collision
- a What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- b Type of energy that can be radiated by matter or transmitted through a vacuum.
- c The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- d Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
- e One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Energy produced by the excess, lack, or movement of electrons.
- Energy produced through a magnetic field.
- The ability to do work.
- Loss of thermal energy.
- Energy of position.
5 True/False questions
elastic potential energy → Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
inelastic collision → Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
temperature → The ability to do work.
mechanical → Energy stored in chemical bonds.
wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters) → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?