5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Law of Conservation of Energy
- 1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second
- a What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- b Compares the amount of usable energy produced with the amount available before the transformation.
- c Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
- d Loss of thermal energy.
- e States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Unit of energy.
- Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
- What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- Energy produced by the excess, lack, or movement of electrons.
5 True/False questions
energy → The equivalent of the energy of all matter itself if you could convert the matter into energy using the formula E=mc2.
mass energy → The equivalent of the energy of all matter itself if you could convert the matter into energy using the formula E=mc2.
inelastic collision → Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
First Law of Thermodynamics → The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
heating → Gain of thermal energy.