5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters)
- a Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.
- b Type of energy that can be radiated by matter or transmitted through a vacuum.
- c The ability to do work.
- d Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
- e What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- Compares the amount of usable energy produced with the amount available before the transformation.
- Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
- Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
- Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
5 True/False Questions
potential → Gain of thermal energy.
temperature → Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.
1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
electromagnetic → Energy produced through a magnetic field.
joule → Unit of energy.