5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- elastic potential energy
- elastic collision
- 1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second
- a The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- b Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
- c What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
- d Loss of thermal energy.
- e Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Energy of sound waves or particle oscillations; must have a medium to be transmitted.
- Consists of both potential and kinetic energy.
- The ability to do work.
- The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
5 True/False Questions
partially elastic collision → Colliding objects stick together after a collision.
wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters) → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
radiant → Type of energy that can be radiated by matter or transmitted through a vacuum.
First Law of Thermodynamics → The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
efficiency → Compares the amount of usable energy produced with the amount available before the transformation.