5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- partially elastic collision
- elastic potential energy
- a Type of energy that can be radiated by matter or transmitted through a vacuum.
- b Energy produced in a system or material affected by an elastic force.
- c The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- d Energy produced by the excess, lack, or movement of electrons.
- e One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Energy of position.
- The ability to do work.
- A form of radiant energy from electricity and magnetism.
- The total amount of energy entering a process equals the sum of all the forms of energy that exist at the end of the process.
- Nuclear energy production by the division of the nucleus of an atom.
5 True/False Questions
1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second → What is the formula for gravitational potential energy GPE = ? and what do the variables mean?
cooling → Loss of thermal energy.
mechanical → Energy stored in chemical bonds.
mass energy → The equivalent of the energy of all matter itself if you could convert the matter into energy using the formula E=mc2.
temperature → Energy associated with the nucleus of the atom.