5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- elastic collision
- a Gain of thermal energy.
- b Occurs when two objects collide and rebound so that the sum of their momentums and the sum of their kinetic energies are the same before and after the collision.
- c Measure of the change in thermal energy of a system.
- d The sum of the kinetic energies of all the particles in an object.
- e Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- One or both objects in a collision deform, some of the kinetic energy is converted to heat.
- The movement of thermal energy into or out of a system.
- States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.
- Loss of thermal energy.
- Energy produced through a magnetic field.
5 True/False Questions
1/2 mv squared 0.5 x mass in kg x the square of speed in meters per second → What is the formula for kinetic energy KE = ? and what do the variables mean?
radiant → Nuclear energy production by the combination of two atom's nuclei.
mass energy → The ability to do work.
potential → Energy of motion.
wh (weight in newtons) x (height in meters) → States that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another.