5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Subduction Boundary
- Continental Drift Theory
- Divergent Boundary
- a When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
- b When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- c When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
- d A theory proposed by Alfred Wagner stating that the earth's continents were once joined in a mega continent called Pangaea and gradually drifted apart.
- e Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- The constant rising and cooling of magma in the Earth's mantle. The heat from the inner core is what causes this motion. They cause plate movement in earth's crust.
- The gradual change in a species over time.
- When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
- When two plates slide past each other. They cause earthquakes.
5 True/False Questions
Survival of the Fittest → Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
Paleozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
Alfred Wagner → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when life first appeared in the oceans. It came after Precambrian Time.
Pangaea → The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
Precambrian Time → Determining the age of an object in relation to other objects ("Estimate").