5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Convergent Boundary
- Geologic Change
- Mid Atlantic Ridge
- Precambrian Time
- a When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
- b An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- c The gradual change in a species over time.
- d Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- e The section of the Geologic Time Scale that makes up 90% of Earth's History. No life existed at that time.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
- When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
- Long cylinders of ice used to study Earth's atmosphere. Trapped gases and dust inside the ice cores tell scientists when volcanoes erupted and how the climate used to be.
5 True/False questions
Survival of the Fittest → Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
Subduction Boundary → When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
Pangaea → The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
Mesozoic Era → The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
Chemical Weathering → The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.