5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical Weathering
- Precambrian Time
- a The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
- b The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
- c The section of the Geologic Time Scale that makes up 90% of Earth's History. No life existed at that time.
- d The mega continent
- e A gap in a rock layer. It reduces scientists understanding of Earth's history because it's a missing piece of information.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
- An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
- When two plates slide past each other. They cause earthquakes.
- When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
5 True/False questions
Mantle → The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
Natural Selection → Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
Paleozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when life first appeared in the oceans. It came after Precambrian Time.
Convection Currents → When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
Mesozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.