5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Continental Drift Theory
- Paleozoic Era
- Outer Core
- Convergent Boundary
- a The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- b A gap in a rock layer. It reduces scientists understanding of Earth's history because it's a missing piece of information.
- c The era of the Geologic Time Scale when life first appeared in the oceans. It came after Precambrian Time.
- d A theory proposed by Alfred Wagner stating that the earth's continents were once joined in a mega continent called Pangaea and gradually drifted apart.
- e When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When two plates slide past each other. They cause earthquakes.
- The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
- When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
- Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
- The process by which individuals that are better adapted to the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce than other members of the same species.
5 True/False questions
Cenozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
Absolute Dating → Determining the age of an object in relation to other objects ("Estimate").
Alfred Wagner → The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
Evolution → The gradual change in a species over time.
Mid Atlantic Ridge → An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.