5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Survival of the Fittest
- Absolute Dating
- Continental Drift Theory
- a Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
- b A gap in a rock layer. It reduces scientists understanding of Earth's history because it's a missing piece of information.
- c A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
- d A theory proposed by Alfred Wagner stating that the earth's continents were once joined in a mega continent called Pangaea and gradually drifted apart.
- e Organisms that are the fittest will live the longest and produce the most offspring. Then they pass their favorable characteristics onto their offspring.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Any inherited trait that gives an organism an advantage in its environment.
- The constant rising and cooling of magma in the Earth's mantle. The heat from the inner core is what causes this motion. They cause plate movement in earth's crust.
- When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
- The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- The gradual change in a species over time.
5 True/False questions
Mantle → The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
Index Fossil → A fossil embedded in a rock layer. The age of the rock layer is the same age as the fossils embedded in it.
Geologic Time Scale → Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
Mesozoic Era → The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
Divergent Boundary → When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.