5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inner Core
- Chemical Weathering
- Subduction Boundary
- Mechanical Weathering
- a the process by which rocks break apart without changing the chemical composition.
- b The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
- c The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
- d When two plates move towards each other, but the dense oceanic crust sinks under the continental crust. They cause volcanoes.
- e The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
- The era of the Geologic Time Scale when life first appeared in the oceans. It came after Precambrian Time.
- The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
- When two plates slide past each other. They cause earthquakes.
5 True/False questions
Evolution → The gradual change in a species over time.
Pangaea → The mega continent
Weathering → A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
Density → A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
Adaptation → The gradual change in a species over time.