5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mesozoic Era
- Outer Core
- Cenozoic Era
- a When rocks are broken down into smaller pieces through actions by wind, water, roots, and animals.
- b The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.
- c The era of the Geologic Time Scale when the dinosaurs both appeared and became extinct.
- d The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
- e The current era of the Geologic Time Scale. It is when mammals and humans first appeared.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The LEAST dense layer of the Earth. It is where life exists and is made up of continental and oceanic crust.
- When two plates move away from each other. They cause sea-floor spreading, such as the Mid Atlantic Ridge.
- A timeline of earth's history. It correlates the existence of life on Earth with geological events, such as mass extinctions.
- A fossil embedded in a rock layer. The age of the rock layer is the same age as the fossils embedded in it.
- A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
5 True/False questions
Convection Currents → When two continental plates move towards each other. They cause mountains.
Evolution → The gradual change in a species over time.
Alfred Wagner → The scientist who proposed the theory of Continental Drift.
Natural Selection → The process by which individuals that are better adapted to the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce than other members of the same species.
Survival of the Fittest → The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.