5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Inner Core
- Natural Selection
- Law of Superposition
- a The process by which individuals that are better adapted to the environment are more likely to survive and reproduce than other members of the same species.
- b A gap in a rock layer. It reduces scientists understanding of Earth's history because it's a missing piece of information.
- c A law that states in an undisturbed rock layer, the oldest rocks are always on the bottom and the youngest rocks are always on top.
- d The DENSEST layer of the Earth that is made of a solid ball of iron.
- e A science word for "heavy." More dense things sink, less dense things float.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Determining the actual age in years of an object ("Exact").
- An underwater mountain chain in the Atlantic Ocean caused by sea-floor spreading.
- The gradual change in a species over time.
- The process by which the chemical make-up of a rock changes.
- The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
5 True/False questions
Ice Cores → Long cylinders of ice used to study Earth's atmosphere. Trapped gases and dust inside the ice cores tell scientists when volcanoes erupted and how the climate used to be.
Paleozoic Era → The era of the Geologic Time Scale when life first appeared in the oceans. It came after Precambrian Time.
Geologic Change → Changes in earth's land, such as mountains, volcanoes, and earthquakes.
Convection Currents → The next dense layer of the Earth that surrounds the inner core. It's made of a liquid ball of iron.
Pangaea → The thickest layer of the Earth. It is where convection currents happen.