5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Atomic Number
- Nucleic Acid
- a Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
- b Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- c The number of protons in the nucleus of an element.
- d The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
- e A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Substance that is dissolved
- Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
- An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
5 True/False Questions
Acid → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
Active Site → An attraction between different substances (why things get wet)
Enzyme → Substances made up of only one kind of atom
Solvent → Substance that is dissolved
Surface Tension → Caused by the attraction between water molecules; prevents the surface of water from easily breaking.