5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Activation Energy
- a What dissolves the solute - usually water
- b An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- c The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
- d A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
- e The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
- Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
- Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- The number of protons in the nucleus of an element.
5 True/False Questions
Carbohydrate → Organic compounds made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms.
Substrate → The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
Catalyst → The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
Acid → Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
Convalent Bond → Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule