5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mass Number
- Active Site
- Nucleic Acid
- a A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
- b Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- c The number of protons plus the number of neutrons.
- d Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- e The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Caused by the attraction between water molecules; prevents the surface of water from easily breaking.
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- What dissolves the solute - usually water
- Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
- The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
5 True/False questions
Protein → Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
Solute → A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
Compound → A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
Solution → A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
Catalyst → Substances that reduce the activation energy of a chemical reaction