5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Substance that is dissolved
- b An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- c The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
- d Substances made up of only one kind of atom
- e Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
- What dissolves the solute - usually water
- The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
- Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
5 True/False Questions
Adhesion → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Compound → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Molecule → Substance that is dissolved
Base → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
Active Site → Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate