5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Active Site
- Nucleic Acid
- a A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- b Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- c A long chain of smaller molecules called nucleotides
- d Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )
- e Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
- Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
- The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
5 True/False questions
Solute → Substance that is dissolved
Catalyst → Substances that reduce the activation energy of a chemical reaction
Carbohydrate → Organic compounds made of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms.
Base → Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
Molecule → A group of atoms held together by convalent bonds