5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
- b Substances that reduce the activation energy of a chemical reaction
- c Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- d Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- e The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
- The number of protons plus the number of neutrons.
- An attraction between different substances (why things get wet)
- What dissolves the solute - usually water
- Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
5 True/False questions
Solution → Substance that is dissolved
Molecule → Substance that is dissolved
Activation Energy → The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
Compound → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Atomic Number → The number of protons in the nucleus of an element.