5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Convalent Bond
- a Forms when 2 or more atoms share electrons to form a molecule
- b The substance on which an enzyme acts during a chemical reaction.
- c A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- d Substances made up of only one kind of atom
- e Nonpolar molecules that are not solube in water ( can dissolve )
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- What dissolves the solute - usually water
- Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
- The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
5 True/False Questions
Activation Energy → Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
Molecule → A group of atoms held together by convalent bonds
Catalyst → Compound that Reduces the concentration of hydrogen ions (increases (OH-))
Surface Tension → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Enzyme → Substances that increase the speed of chemical reactions ( usually a protein, Lowers activation energy )