5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Active Site
- a Site on an enzyme that attaches to a substrate
- b A substance made of the joined atoms of two or more different elements.
- c What dissolves the solute - usually water
- d Substances made up of only one kind of atom
- e A mixture in which one or more substances is evenly distributed in another substance
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Large complex compounds that contain carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen
- A group of atoms held together by convalent bonds
- The energy needed to start a chemical reaction
- The attraction between substances of the same kind.
- An element that has gained or lost one or more electrons.
5 True/False Questions
Catalyst → Substances that reduce the activation energy of a chemical reaction
Adhesion → The attraction between substances of the same kind.
Base → The smallest unit of matter that can not be broken down by chemical means.
Lipid → Compound that Increases the concentration of hydrogen ions (h+) in solution
Solute → Substance that is dissolved