5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- auditory information
- negative punishment
- means-end analysis
- a is kept for up to 2 seconds
- b "morphine within"--natural, opiatelike neurotransmitters linked to pain control and to pleasure.
- c punishment that occurs with the removal of a stimulus and decreasing the probability of a behavior's recurring
- d a heuristic device in which a solution to a problem is found by evaluating the difference between the current situation and the goal
- e secreted from the adrenal cortex, aids the body during stress by increasing glucose levels and suppressing immune system function
5 Multiple choice questions
- Learning; Concepts: Classical conditioning, unconditioned stimulus, conditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned response; Study Basics: Began by measuring the salivary reaction of dogs. Ended with a new understanding of associational learning and the conditioned reflex.
- a schedule where reinforcement happens after a changing number of responses. Example gambling or sales
- when a memory isn't used it fades with time and disappears
- Internally generated patterns of body functions, including hormonal signals, sleep, blood pressure, and temperature regulation, which have approximately a 24-hour cycle and occur even in the absence of normal cues about whether it is day or night
- Spearman's idea of the ability to excel in certain areas, or specific intelligences (like music, art, business)
5 True/False questions
Circadian Theory → Sleep evolved to keep humans out of harms way during the night, possibly from becoming prey
norm- referenced → results are based on the candidate's performance relative to the others.
visual information → is kept for up to 2 seconds
short term memory → can hold onto 7 items for less than 30 seconds without rehearsal, also referred to as working memory is acts as a workspace for carrying out memory
epinephrine → a neurotransmitter that affects metabolism of glucose and nutrient energy stored in muscles to be released during strenuous exercise