5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thoracic Cavity
- abdominal Cavity
- a Contains most of the digestive organs, liver, and the spleen.
- b the "breaking down" phase of metabolism (i.e., food is broken down into nutrients that the body can use)
- c the "Building up" phase of metabolism (e.i., cells take the nutrients that the body has broken down and build their cellular components)
- d the cavity within the rib cage and above the diaphragm; contains the heart, lungs, and so on.
- e Toward the front surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- The science of the structure of the body and its parts
- All the chemical and physical processes that go on inside the body to sustain life
- The cavity within the spinal column; houses the spinal cord.
- A state of balance that the body maintains to stay alive: maintained through positive and negative feed-back loops.
- The muscles of the body provide movement and body heat
5 True/False questions
Transverse Plane (horizontal Plane) → Divides the body into top and bottom porportions.
Oblique Plane → Divides the bady into equal right and left halves
Nervous System → Organs like the brain, spinal cord, and nerves make communication within the body, learning, and memory possible.
Distal → Farther away from the main mass of the body
Physiology → The study of the normal functioning of the body