5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- pulmonary edema
- cronic obstructive pulmonary didease COPD
- a Any pathological process with cronic obstruction of thd bronchial tubes
- b use of the stethoscope to listen to sounds within the body, especially in the chest neck and abdomen; used to detect crackels or wheezes in the lungs, pleural rubs, and other physiological phenomena.
- c Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
- d pertaining to the chest
- e under, below
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bad, painful, difficult difficulty in speaking ; hoarsness Teh suffix -phonia means "voice"
- Dificult or painful respirations; this can be due to exertion or pathological condition or injury.
- the uppermost cartilage which closes over the top of the larynx during swalling to prevent food entry into the airway
- Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
5 True/False Questions
thoracentesis → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
lobectomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
pleur pleuritic → pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
pneum pneumothorax → lung
cyan → condition