5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bronch bronchospasm
- pneumon pneumonia
- internal respiration
- a pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
- b lobe excision (-ectomy) of a lobe of any organ or gland
- c lung
- d bronchus (plural, bronchi) involuntary contraction or twitching (-spasm) of the smooth muscle in the bronchi This condition causes narrowing of the airway and occurs in asthnma and bronchitis
- e the exchange of gases between the bloodstream and the cells at the cell level
5 Multiple choice questions
- visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
- abnormal condition
- the exchange of gases between the air in the lungs and the bloodstream
- Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
5 True/False questions
bronchoscopy → visualization of the bronchi using a flexible tube
thoracentesis → Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
pectoral → pertaining to the chest
auscultation → use of the stethoscope to listen to sounds within the body, especially in the chest neck and abdomen; used to detect crackels or wheezes in the lungs, pleural rubs, and other physiological phenomena.
thoracic surgery → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.