← pulmonary Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- thoracic surgery
- pleur pleuritic
- brady bradypnea
- pneum pneumothorax
- a Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- b slow slow breathing (-pnea)
- c pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
- d Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.
- e air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
- oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
- Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
- blood spitting (-ptysis) up blood
- under, below
5 True/False Questions
bradypnea → Abnormal slow breathing evidenced by a respiratory rate of less than 12 respirations per minute
cyanosis → abnormal condition
tracheostomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
nasal → pertaining to the nose
ortho orthopnea → Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.