5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- internal respiration
- ortho orthopnea
- a the exchange of gases between the bloodstream and the cells at the cell level
- b straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
- c smaller (-ole) tubular branches that are extensions of the bronchi
- d visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
- e oxygen
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
- air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
- Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
- excessive, above normal excess amount of carbon dioxide (-capnia) in the blood
- Any pathological process with cronic obstruction of thd bronchial tubes
5 True/False Questions
ox anoxia → oxygen an abnormal condition (-is) characterized by a lack of oxygen the prefix an- means "without" "not"
anoxia hypoxia → Absence or deficiency of oxygen in the tissues.
alveolar → pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
lobectomy → A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
hypo- → without