5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- thorac thoracocentesis
- pulmonary absecess
- a Localized colledtion of puss in the lunngs.
- b Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
- c Condition in which breathing is easier in an upright position, either sitting or standing.
- d chest puncture (-centesis ) of the chest to remove fluids
- e visualization of the bronchi using a flexible tube
5 Multiple choice questions
- air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
- Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- Any pathological process with cronic obstruction of thd bronchial tubes
- visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
5 True/False questions
pleur pleuritic → pleura pertaining to (-itic) an inflamation of the pleura
emia → blood condition
pulmonary embolus (PE) → Localized colledtion of puss in the lunngs.
pulmonary edema → Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
external respiration → the exchange of gases between the air in the lungs and the bloodstream