5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- steth stethoscope
- bronch bronchospasm
- anoxia hypoxia
- external respiration
- a Absence or deficiency of oxygen in the tissues.
- b bronchus (plural, bronchi) involuntary contraction or twitching (-spasm) of the smooth muscle in the bronchi This condition causes narrowing of the airway and occurs in asthnma and bronchitis
- c chest instrument (-scope) used to transmit sounds produced by the body
- d tempory cessation of breathing or respirations
- e the exchange of gases between the air in the lungs and the bloodstream
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the uppermost cartilage which closes over the top of the larynx during swalling to prevent food entry into the airway
- lobe excision (-ectomy) of a lobe of any organ or gland
- visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
- surgical repair (-plasty) of the nose to correct an anatomic defect or for cosmetic purposes
- Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
5 True/False Questions
ox → oxygen
anoxemia hypoxemia → Absence or deficency of oxygen in the blood.
auscultation → use of the stethoscope to listen to sounds within the body, especially in the chest neck and abdomen; used to detect crackels or wheezes in the lungs, pleural rubs, and other physiological phenomena.
hypo- → under, below
cronic obstructive pulmonary didease COPD → Localized colledtion of puss in the lunngs.