5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- thoracic surgery
- hemo hemoptysis
- a Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- b condition
- c blood spitting (-ptysis) up blood
- d pertaining to the chest
- e Dificult or painful respirations; this can be due to exertion or pathological condition or injury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- abnormal condition
- Surgical opening through the base of the neck into the treacha for the insertion of a tube to create an open airway. The person breathes through this opening bypassing the upper airways.
- straight labored breathing (-pnea) that occurs when lying flat and is relieed by sitting up one of the classic symptoms of ventricular heart failure
- slow slow breathing (-pnea)
- Accumulation of fluid in the alveoli and interstitial spaces; most common cause is left sided congestive heart failure.
5 True/False questions
anoxia hypoxia → Absence or deficiency of oxygen in the tissues.
pharyngoscopy → visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
thorac thoracocentesis → Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
ox anoxia → Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
ox → oxygen