5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- brady bradypnea
- eu eupnea
- a A surgical incision that opens the chest for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- b blood condition
- c slow slow breathing (-pnea)
- d good normal normal breathing (-pnea)
- e Bluish discoloration of the skin and mucous membranes caused by the prescence of reduced hemoglobin
5 Multiple choice questions
- air lung collection of air or gas in the pleural cavity
- Surgery involving the rib cage and structures contained within the chest.
- bad, painful, difficult difficulty in speaking ; hoarsness Teh suffix -phonia means "voice"
- Insertion of a nedle between the ribs and into the pleural space.
- abnormal condition
5 True/False questions
alveolar → pertaining to (-ar) the microscopic air sacs (alveoli) at the end of the bronchioles
hypo- → without
auscultation → use of the stethoscope to listen to sounds within the body, especially in the chest neck and abdomen; used to detect crackels or wheezes in the lungs, pleural rubs, and other physiological phenomena.
pharyngoscopy → visual examination (-scopy) of the throat
pulmonary embolus (PE) → Blood clot or other mateial that travels through the bloodstream and lodges in the pulmonary vessels. Blood or heart.