5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Atchafalaya Delta
- a Today the ___ is over 76 square miles and growing. It is an exception to the coastal erosion on other places in the Deltaic Plain and Chenier Plain.
- b Originally meant a person of French ancestry born in a colony. Later it referred to persons of mixed French and African-American heritage.
- c The ___ are deltas formed as the Mississippi River switched its route to the Gulf.
- d The impacts of human inhabitants may be deliberate or accidental. Many human attempts at changing the landscape have unintended ___.
- e Spanish ___ were enticed by the Spanish colonial government to leave the Canary Islands and settle in Louisiana to reinforce the Spanish presence in the formerly French colony.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anglo-American & Scotch-Irish -- many to New Orleans even before the Louisiana purchase to ___ and do business
- The Mississippi River discharges 420 ___ gallons of water per day
- The line connecting the deepest part of the river is called a "___."
- The ___ were formed in the Holocene Epoch, at the end of the last ice age, when glaciers melted and sea levels rose.
- ___ control is an ongoing struggle on the Mississippi River Alluvial Plain.
5 True/False questions
Prairies → The cultural subregions of South Louisiana include this flat area.
Army Corps of Engineers → Today the U.S. ___ prevents changes on the course of the Mississippi River.
meanders → The Mississippi River Alluvial Plain includes some elevated areas formed by materials deposited as ___ retreated during the last ice age.
cultural → Also known as "human geography," ___ geography discusses the human aspects of a place.
French → The non-Acadian ___ were the first European settlers of south Louisiana. They came to trade for pelts with the Native Americans and grow sugar cane.