5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- South Louisiana
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Salt domes
- a ___ such as Avery Island, are found on the Chenier Plain.
- b More ethnically French; more associated with the Roman Catholic branch of the Christian faith; historically more engaged in sugar cane farming.
- c The Mississippi River discharges 420 ___ gallons of water per day
- d Today the U.S. ___ prevents changes on the course of the Mississippi River.
- e The Mississippi River annually floods. The River is highest in ___ most years. The annual flooding is caused by melting snow and spring rain. The Mississippi River is at its lowest in October.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The ___ were formed in the Holocene Epoch, at the end of the last ice age, when glaciers melted and sea levels rose.
- A twenty mile wide strip along the Gulf Coast from Marsh Island to the Sabine River.
- French, expelled from Canada, moved to south Louisiana
- ___ control is an ongoing struggle on the Mississippi River Alluvial Plain.
- The line connecting the deepest part of the river is called a "___."
5 True/False Questions
Macon → ___ control is an ongoing struggle on the Mississippi River Alluvial Plain.
consequences → The ___ were formed in the Holocene Epoch, at the end of the last ice age, when glaciers melted and sea levels rose.
French → Originally meant a person of French ancestry born in a colony. Later it referred to persons of mixed French and African-American heritage.
Coastal Marsh → French, expelled from Canada, moved to south Louisiana
Itasca → Early ___ immigrants in New Orleans often took on French versions of their last names. They had a mutual aid society in New Orleans by 1843. The largest wave of their immigration was from 1890 to 1910.