5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Atchafalaya Delta
- a The ___ Entrenchment is the soil deposited around 18,000 years ago when the ice age caused the sea level to drop. The ___ Entrenchment is around 400 feet below the present sea level.
- b In south Louisiana, early ___ immigrants came directly from their homeland and settled on the "___ Coast" area of the Mississippi River to farm, later ___-American immigrants in southwest Louisiana had earlier settled in the Midwestern United States.
- c The Deltaic Plain was formed by the Mississippi River and its ___, the Atchafalaya River as they deposited sediments when their waters slowed down on entering the Gulf of Mexico.
- d ___ immigrants were hired to dig canals because the work was considered too dangerous for expensive slaves.
- e Today the ___ is over 76 square miles and growing. It is an exception to the coastal erosion on other places in the Deltaic Plain and Chenier Plain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- More ethnically Anglo; more associated with the Protestant branch of the Christian faith; historically more engaged in cotton farming
- A ___ is made of clay forced to the surface of the earth by the weight of sediments.
- The ___ are deltas formed as the Mississippi River switched its route to the Gulf.
- Today the U.S. ___ prevents changes on the course of the Mississippi River.
- Anglo-American & Scotch-Irish -- many to New Orleans even before the Louisiana purchase to ___ and do business
5 True/False Questions
Creole → Originally meant a person of French ancestry born in a colony. Later it referred to persons of mixed French and African-American heritage.
French → Originally meant a person of French ancestry born in a colony. Later it referred to persons of mixed French and African-American heritage.
Salt domes → ___ such as Avery Island, are found on the Chenier Plain.
Spanish → Descendants of the settlers of Texas, mainly in the Zwolle, Louisiana area in north Louisiana.
Bastrop → The ___ Hills were formed by material left behind by glaciers.