5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- electric pumps
- Norbert Rillieux
- a Areas once uninhabitable around Uptown and the French Quarter were made livable by ___.
- b The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
- c The first off-shore oil rig was built on ___ Lake.
- d The original French pioneers were ___.
- e ___invented the process to refine chunky turbinado crystals into refined white sugar.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Africans were imported as slaves because ___ slaves died from smallpox or escaped into familiar country.
- Off-shore ___ rigs in the Gulf of Mexico brought ___ refining to South Louisiana in the 1960s.
- Though established by the French under ___ in 1718, New Orleans has long been home to many ethnic groups that form its unique cultural gumbo.
- Improvements in public health and medicine reduced disease-related fears of living in the ___ environment of New Orleans.
- ___ was established to enable the French to control trade on the Mississippi River. It remains a major American port city.
5 True/False Questions
Air conditioning → Often African-Americans were brought into north Louisiana as slaves to labor on the ___ plantations.
Acadians → The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
Roman Catholic → Just as the Protestant branch of Christianity was dominant in north Louisiana, the ___ branch of Christianity is predominant in south Louisiana.
sugar cane → The ___ were Canadians expelled by the British. They came after the original wave of French immigration.
Anglo-Americans → Many ___ moved west into north Louisiana to raise cotton.