5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Native American
- Roman Catholic
- a The ___ branch of Christianity arrived first in north Louisiana at Natchitoches and Los Adaes.
- b Just as the Protestant branch of Christianity was dominant in north Louisiana, the ___ branch of Christianity is predominant in south Louisiana.
- c Africans were imported as slaves because ___ slaves died from smallpox or escaped into familiar country.
- d The first off-shore oil rig was built on ___ Lake.
- e The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- New Orleans has long been a center of ___ serving the agricultural and later industrial sectors of Louisiana's economy.
- Off-shore ___ rigs in the Gulf of Mexico brought ___ refining to South Louisiana in the 1960s.
- Places shape people as they adapt to various ___.
- Both the Spanish and French nations are historically associated with the ___ faith.
- North Louisiana has historically been more associated with the ___ branch of the Christian faith, though other faiths have long been represented in the region.
5 True/False questions
Levees → The original business of Louisiana was the trade in ___ between the French and Native Americans.
Eli Whitney → The cotton gin, invented by ___, increased demand for land for cotton farming.
Bienville → Though established by the French under ___ in 1718, New Orleans has long been home to many ethnic groups that form its unique cultural gumbo.
New Orleans → ___ made the commute from the Garden District to Downtown faster and encouraged the development of residential districts around New Orleans.
electric pumps → Improvements in public health and medicine reduced disease-related fears of living in the ___ environment of New Orleans.