5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Warren Truss
- Dynamic vs Static Load
- a a triangular bracket of brick or stone (usually of slight extent)
- b Dynamic load is the permanent load of the structure. The weight of the structure alone. Static load is the amounts of weight being added or subtracted to the structure. Like cars going on and off of a bridge.
- c they are creating and equal lateral triangles
- d a layered structure
- e force that produces strain on a physical body
5 Multiple choice questions
- a projecting beam that is attached to a building at one end, but suspended in the air at the other
- A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
- a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body
- truss where the angle of the triangles are facing one way toward the center and the other side of the bridge facing the opposite side
- a ratio of the amount of weight an object can hold and how much the structure weighs
5 True/False questions
Dead Load → a stress that produces an elongation of an elastic physical body
I Beam → a steel beam in the shape of an I
Arch → form an arch or curve
Point of deformity → Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
Cable Stay Bridge → is where a cables help support the weight of the structure