5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Square Set Timbering
- Strength to Weight Ratio
- a the distance or interval between two points
- b a structure build entirely of cubes
- c a ratio of the amount of weight an object can hold and how much the structure weighs
- d the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together
- e a metal or wood plate added to the surface of a joint to strenghten the connection
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- act of twisting; stress due to twisting forces exerted on a body
- is where a cables help support the weight of the structure
- a steel beam in the shape of an I
- force that produces strain on a physical body
- A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
5 True/False Questions
Truss → a triangular bracket of brick or stone (usually of slight extent)
Lamination → A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
Load Bearing → the weight of the structure itself
Point of deformity → Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
Dynamic vs Static Load → the weight of the structure itself