5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Square Set Timbering
- Load Bearing
- a the distance or interval between two points
- b Wall that bears a load resting upon it by conducting its weight to a foundation structure.
- c act of twisting; stress due to twisting forces exerted on a body
- d a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
- e a structure build entirely of cubes
5 Multiple choice questions
- form an arch or curve
- force that produces strain on a physical body
- Dynamic load is the permanent load of the structure. The weight of the structure alone. Static load is the amounts of weight being added or subtracted to the structure. Like cars going on and off of a bridge.
- Where the structure starts to deform
- truss where the angle of the triangles are facing one way toward the center and the other side of the bridge facing the opposite side
5 True/False questions
I Beam → force that produces strain on a physical body
Deflection → A measure of deformation of a structure due to applied loads.
Cantilever → a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
Dead Load → the weight of the structure itself
Compression → the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together