5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- conservation of momentum
- a the total momentum of the two objects before the collsion is equal to the total momentum of the two objects after the collsion . That is, the momentum lost by object 1 is equal to the momentum gained by object 2
- b any object that revolves around another object in space.
- c the SI unit of force.
- d the rate at which velocity changes; an object accelerates if its speed and / or direction changes. Acceleration may be postitive(increasing) or negative (decreasing)
- e the spinning motion of a planet about its axis
5 Multiple choice questions
- the tendency of all objects to resist any change in motion (start or stop)
- the daily rise and fall of earth's waters on shores
- forces acting on an object that cause the net force to be zero
- our solar system is part of this galaxy. It contains single stars , double stars, asteroids, meteors, and gas and dust.It is an elliptical shape.
- the amount of matter in an object
5 True/False questions
motion → an objects change in position over time when compared with a reference point
speed → the rate at which an object moves(S=d/t) Speed=distance/time
gravity → the path of an object as it revolves around another object
friction → an objects change in position over time when compared with a reference point
newton's laws of motion → 1an object in motion will remain in motion or an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force.
2the accelaration of an object is equal to the mass of that object and the force applied
3 for every action force there is an equal and opposite reaction force.