5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True Linking Verbs
- a What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
- b A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- c Needs an object to form a phrase
- d Shows action or state of being
- e To be, to seem, to become
5 Multiple choice questions
- Connects words, phrases and clauses
- doing the work of an adjective
- A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- an action verb that DOES NOT have a direct object
- An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
5 True/False questions
Noun → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
Adverb → modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
Adjectives → modifies nouns and pronouns
Interjection → Shows excitement or emotion
Article → Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)