5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Transitive Verb
- Predicate Nominative
- a A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- b A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- c Connects words, phrases and clauses
- d an action verb that HAS a direct object
- e Doing the work of an adverb
5 Multiple choice questions
- a noun or pronoun that receives the action of the verb (or is impacted by the verb); they CANNOT be part of a prepositional phrase
- Shows what's happening (what the subject is DOING) in the sentence; can be transitive or intransitive
- Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
- To be, to seem, to become
- modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
5 True/False questions
Predicate Adjective → An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
Preposition → Shows excitement or emotion
Article → Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
Auxiliary Verb → Another word for a "helping" verb
Subject → What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.