5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- True Linking Verbs
- Base Line
- a To be, to seem, to become
- b The horizontal line in a sentence diagram -- it gets drawn first when you begin to diagram a sentence.
- c Doing the work of an adverb
- d Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
- e Shows action or state of being
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Shows action or state of being.
- Another word for a "helping" verb
- Shows excitement or emotion
- Connects words, phrases and clauses
- The time when the action of a verb happens -- present, past, and future are the most basic of this term.
5 True/False Questions
Preposition → Connects words, phrases and clauses
Modify → In grammar terms, this means "describe"
Linking → A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
Helping Verb → Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
Noun → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept