5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Predicate Adjective
- Action Verb
- Auxiliary Verb
- a Shows what's happening (what the subject is DOING) in the sentence; can be transitive or intransitive
- b Another word for a "helping" verb
- c tell which one, what kind, how many, how much
- d An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- e A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun
- modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- tell time, location, manner, degree, purpose
- Shows excitement or emotion
- Shows action or state of being
5 True/False questions
True Linking Verbs → Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
Preposition → Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun
Predicate Nominative → A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
Direct Object → What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
Subject → What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.