5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Predicate Nominative
- Auxiliary Verb
- a A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
- b Needs an object to form a phrase
- c A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- d Another word for a "helping" verb
- e Shows action or state of being.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- It receives the action of the verb (the thing or person that gets "verbed" in a sentence).
- To be, to seem, to become
- An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- An action verb that has a direct object
- Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
5 True/False Questions
Manner → The time when the action of a verb happens -- present, past, and future are the most basic of this term.
Degree → Shows action or state of being
Adverbial → Doing the work of an adverb
Pronoun → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
Interjection → Shows excitement or emotion