5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Action Verb
- Intransitive Verb
- a Shows action or state of being
- b tell which one, what kind, how many, how much
- c What the sentence is about or who/what does the action of a sentence.
- d Shows what's happening (what the subject is DOING) in the sentence; can be transitive or intransitive
- e an action verb that DOES NOT have a direct object
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an action verb that HAS a direct object
- modifies verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- To be, to seem, to become
- a noun or pronoun that receives the action of the verb (or is impacted by the verb); they CANNOT be part of a prepositional phrase
- Shows excitement or emotion
5 True/False Questions
Auxiliary Verb → Another word for a "helping" verb
Predicate Adjective → A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
Predicate Nominative → A noun that follows a linking verb and completes the equal sign equation.
Article → Noun locator - they say "look, a noun is coming" (technically, they are adjectives)
Linking → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept