5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Necessity or possibility
- a A verb that shows state of being, behaves like an equals sign in the sentence.
- b Shows action or state of being.
- c Shown through helping verbs like could, should, might, may, must, and can
- d The visual representation of sentence parts and structure.
- e Connects words, phrases and clauses
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Shown through helping verbs like do and did
- An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
- The horizontal line in a sentence diagram -- it gets drawn first when you begin to diagram a sentence.
- Shows tense, necessity/possibility, provides emphasis, and smooths question asking
- To be, to seem, to become
5 True/False Questions
Manner → The time when the action of a verb happens -- present, past, and future are the most basic of this term.
Preposition → Takes the place of (does the work of) a noun
Pronoun → Person, place, thing, idea, or concept
Predicate Nominative → An adjective that follows a linking verb and completes the equals sign equation.
Tense → The way adverbs modify adjectives or other adverbs -- explains "to what extent"