← Year 8 Art Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Practice describes the artistic activity, work or agency of artists to produce artworks. Practice is about what artists know and do, how they know it, where they do it, with whom and for whom they do it and why they do it.
- To communicate ideas or to express feelings
- From this point of view it relates to the individual feelings, emotions, imagination and experiences of the artist and audience
- The Cultural Frame helps us to understand how artist represent ideas, customs, beliefs, values and attitudes of a particular group, society or culture, in a particular time and place.
- The material used to create the work of art.
4 True/False Questions
Structural Frame → From this point of view is where the form, media, techniques and how the work is composed using the Elements of Art and Principles of Design is examined. From the Structural viewpoint or frame we look at what, where, when, why and how an artwork is made.
Cliché → A sign stands to represent something, an experience, a feeling or an object. A sign is literal and straight-forward.
Identity → The fact of being who or what a person is.
Audience → Are people who view, experience, critique and buy or sell artworks. Or they examine and study the artworks and the lives and time of the audience.