Muscle and their Actions
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Teres Minor
- Orbicular oculli
- Flexor carpi ulnaris
- Vastus intermedius
- a Extends leg. Anterior thigh region in between and deeper than vastus lateralis and vastus medialis.
- b posterior and superficial muscle that connects the forearm to the wrist on the pinky side. Action; flexes and adducts hand.
- c Action; closes the eyes. Muscles superficial surrounds eyes. Anterior view.
- d Lateral rotation of the arm. Posterior superficial side superior to teres major.
- e Rotates arm medially. Posterior to clavicle.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Muscles acting on the shoulder. Posterior view superficial triangular muscle. Action; elevates, depresses, retracts scapula, and extends head.
- long muscles from the forearm to the wrist. anterior and superficial . Elbow to thumb side of the wrist. Action; extends and abducts hand.
- medial rotation of arm. Posterior to minor superficial muscle from the posterior view.
- long muscle that connects to palm (only tendon over the flexor retinaculum). Action; flexes hand.
- Abducts arm, muscle superior to the clavicle from posterior view deep. (makes up rotator cuff)
5 True/False Questions
Internal oblique → Lateral rotation of the arm. Posterior superficial side superior to teres major.
External intercostals → Muscle for respiration. Elevates rips during inspiration. Lateral view. deep.
Flexor carpi radialis → anterior of forearm goes to wrist on the thumb side.Action flexes and abducts hand.
Brachial plexus → (only on cadaver) brachial region nerves noodle like.
Temporalis → Elevates mandible. More medial that massete; deep region of cheek.