← bio lab 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- organic molecules
- benedict's test
- energy intake
- how is energy released?
- a -photosynthesis
- b -carbohydrates
- c -from the matter (atoms/molecules) that make up organic compounds that compose food
-matter provides the raw materials for synthesizing other organic compounds
- d -yields 4C/g
-proteins are used for structure building, antibodies, building enzymes....
-composed of 20 amino acids -diff combinations of these from unique proteins
- e detecting glucose and fructose (simple sugar)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- biochemical pathway that is utilized to convert solar energy into chemical energy
- -used as cofactors for enzymatic processes and life sustaining processes
-at least 14 vitamins and 18 minerals must come from diet
- biochemical pathway to produce compounds of ATP from high potential energy using a series of pathways.
- unknown compound
- detecting lipids (fats)
5 True/False Questions
lipids (fats) → detecting proteins
negative control → reaction occurs with known compound
carbohydrates → 1 Calorie=1000calories (1kilocalorie)
amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1gm of H2O by 1degree celcius
chemoautotrophs → organisms that utilize sunlight as an energy and inorganic molecules like CO2 as a carbon source
what determines how much energy we need to survive? → -basal metabolic rate (BMR) and extent of voluntary activities
-the more energy expended for BMR+physical movement, the less energy available to devote to growth and reproduction.