5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Relocation Programs
- General Allotment Act
- California v Cabazon
- Johnson-O'malley Act
- a separation into portions
- b - authorized secretary of interior to contract with states/ agencies to provide educational services, medical services, agricultural assistance, and social welfare
- c Dawes - Land granted to indian to hope assimilate them into society 1887-1934
- d The federal government's ____ eliminated federal economic support for Native Americans, discontinued the reservation system, and distributed tribal lands among individual Native Americans.
- e (1987) - tribes could conduct gaming operations on their own lands as long as those games were not illegal under state law.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In Off-reservation boarding schools, Indian students were placed in nearby homes of white residents and sometimes became virtual slaves.
- The Indian name given to the Black Hills of the Dakota territory.
- led by Dennis Banks and Russell Means; purpose was to obtain equal rights for Native Americans; protested at the site of the Wounded Knee massacre
- officially started the termination of tribes
- 1890 Indian police officers tried to arrest Sitting Bull but when he resisted they shot and killed him, his followers were taken to Wounded Knee and while being disarmed someone fired a shot and the soldiers opened fire and killed over 200 Sioux
5 True/False questions
Termination → separation into portions
Sitting Bull → American Indian medicine man, chief, and political leader of his tribe at the time of the Custer massacre (Little Bighorn) during the Sioux War
Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 → separation into portions
U.S. vs. Washington → trading and fishing rights in the state of washington
American Indian Religious Freedom act → led by Dennis Banks and Russell Means; purpose was to obtain equal rights for Native Americans; protested at the site of the Wounded Knee massacre