5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Indian Preference
- Relocation Programs
- American Indian Religious Freedom act
- a separation into portions
- b The federal government's ____ eliminated federal economic support for Native Americans, discontinued the reservation system, and distributed tribal lands among individual Native Americans.
- c a 1978 law that directed federal agencies not to interfere with Native Americans religious practices.
- d if they have an opening then natives get first pick in selection process of a job
- e the act of ending something
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1971-forced federal governement to reexamine treaties with Native Americans (lasted 71 days)
- The Indian name given to the Black Hills of the Dakota territory.
- 1890 Indian police officers tried to arrest Sitting Bull but when he resisted they shot and killed him, his followers were taken to Wounded Knee and while being disarmed someone fired a shot and the soldiers opened fire and killed over 200 Sioux
- treaty under which the U.S. abandoned the Bozeman Trail and created a large Siuox reservation in what is half of South Dakota today.
5 True/False Questions
Peyote → cactus the yeilds a hallucinogenic drug substance used by Native American Indian groups to produce visions
Indian gaming regulatory act → 1934 - Restored tribal ownership of lands, recognized tribal constitutions and government, and provided loans for economic development.
self-deterimination → the act of ending something
California v Cabazon → separation into portions
National indian gaming commission → regulates all the indian casinos