5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
- b (v.) to wipe out; to keep oneself from being noticed
- c (v.) to spread or scatter freely or widely.
(adj.) wordy or longwinded , or unfocused;scattered or widely spread.
- d (adj.) sudden and violent but brief; fitful; intermittent
- e (adj.) stubborn and often unreasonable in holding to one's own ideas, having a closed mind
5 Multiple choice questions
- (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
- (adj.) to seize for military or official use
- (adj.) careful, cautious
- (adj.) lasting for a long time, persistent; (n.) a plant that lives for many years
- (v.) to let go, give up
5 True/False questions
debris → (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.
dilemma → (n.) a difficult or perplexing situation or problem
admonish → (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
predispose → (v.) to incline to beforehand
salvage → (v.) to wipe out; to keep oneself from being noticed