← VocabWkshp 1 D Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a (v.) to make a mess of; muddle through: to get by; (n.) a hopeless mess
- b (adj.) not genuine, not true, not valid
- c (n.) scattered fragments, wreckage.
- d (n.) a standstill resulting from the opposition of two equal forces or fractions.
(v.) to bring to such a standstill.
- e (adj.) Clumsy, hard to handle; slow-moving
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (v.) to wipe out; to keep oneself from being noticed
- (n.) a difficult or perplexing situation or problem
- (n.) a bandit, robber, outlaw, highwayman
- (v.) to save from fire or shipwreck; (n.) property thus saved
- (v.) to spread or scatter freely or widely.
(adj.) wordy or longwinded , or unfocused;scattered or widely spread.
5 True/False Questions
Commandeer → (adj.) to seize for military or official use
predispose → (v.) to incline to beforehand
admonish → (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
relinquish → (v.) to caution or advise against something; to scold mildly; to remind of a duty
perennial → (v.) to let go, give up