5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Urban II
- Muslims, Christians, and Jews
- Frederick I
- Louis IX
- a who was the pope who called for the first crusade to reclaim Jerusalem from the Muslims
- b Was created by the Magna Carta and was originally known as the "Great Council".
- c French monarch who extended the power of the King by improving the royal government.
- d German emperor of the Holy Roman Empire. Tried extremely hard to bring the wealthy cities of Italy under his control.
- e The groups involved in the Crusades were
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What were the crusades a fight over
- A group of people sworn to tell the truth and decide the outcome of court trials.
- English King who was forced to sign the Magna Carta by angry nobles.
- Wrote a book about his adventures in China. Most Europeans did not believe him.
- Their marriage in 1465 united the two kingdoms of Spain and helped complete the Reconquista and drive the Moors out of Spain.
5 True/False Questions
Domesday Book → Written by William the Conqueror and documented every house, person, and piece of land in England in order to effectively tax the country.
feudalism → What was an organized system of government where allegiance was given for land. A lord would grant land to a vassal, who could then grant land to someone else.
Reconquista → A campaign by the Spanish to drive the North African Muslims, or Moors, from the Iberian Peninsula.
Alexius I → Byzantine emperor who asked Pope Urban II for Christians to help him fight the Turks.
King John → Established common law and applied it to everyone, not just the upper class. Created the jury system to try cases.