← p. 31 Text Genre Test
3 Written Questions
3 Multiple Choice Questions
- Becky thinks that Gaby will feel uncomfortable at her birthday party because of differences in their cultures.
- 1. I could not believe how crowded and lively the house was.
2. People were dancing to rhythmic Mexican music while Gaby's mother served homemade Mexican food.
3. Gaby came dressed in her best clothes.
4. My family was in jeans and T-shirts.
- a. Gaby and Becky meet in middle school and become close friends.
b. Gaby invites Becky to a family party.
c. Becky invites Gaby to her birthday party.
d. Gaby has fun at Becky's party.
2 True/False Questions
define the term "characters" → a struggle between two opposing forces
Who are the main characters in the autobiographical story by Becky? → Gaby (Mexican-American) and Becky (Anglo-American)