← Science ch17 Vocab Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a localized and violently destructive windstorm occurring over land characterized by a funnel-shaped cloud extending toward the ground
- is a tropical cyclone that has winds of 119 kilometers per hour or higher
- a dome of water that sweeps across the coast where a hurricane lands
- A high-pressure center of dry air
- A swirling center of low air pressure
6 True/False Questions
evacuate → A swirling center of low air pressure
isotherm → are lines joining places on the map that have same air pressure.
thunderstorm → a small storm often accompanied by heavy precipitation and frequent thunder and lightning
tropical → warm
isobar → are lines joining places on the map that have same air pressure.
lightning → the flash of light that accompanies an electric discharge in the atmosphere (or something resembling such a flash)