5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- firm and inflexible
- the compromise that was created to preserve the balance between slave and free states in the Senate
- how would the issue of slavery in kansas and nebraska be decided under the kansas-nebraska act?
- The act that was an attempt to pacify slaveholders during 1850 that required all citizens to help catch runaways (runaway slaves)
- how did southerners expect northerners to react to the fugitive slave act? how did the northerners actually react?
- a they believed that it would force the northerners to recognize the right of the southerners. instead it exposed many northerners to the evils of slavery and many northerners refused to obey the act.
- b Fugitive Slave Act of 1850
- c Missouri Compromise
- d rigid
- e the people would vote on if there should be slavery or not
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stephen A. Douglas
- Dred Scott
- civil war
5 True/False questions
The president of the Confederate States of America → Confederate States of America
justify → temporary
The document that banned the spread of slavery into the new territories gained by the U.S. → Wilmot Proviso
The person from California chosen by the republicans as their candidate for president → John C. Fremont
How would you describe lincoln's priorities when he took office? → lincoln was not very experienced, and the debates gave him experience