5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How did the Missouri Compromise preserve the balance of power in the U.S. Senate?
- In what ways did northerners defy the fugitive slave act?
- a fervent abolitionist that believed God chose him to end slavery and organised a group that killed 5 supporters of slavery and was hung for his actions
- What action did south carolina take after lincoln won the election of 1860?
- Political theory that government is subject to the will of the people (let the people decide)
- a they refused to capture slaves that had run away
- b south carolina fought back
- c John Brown
- d It kept the amount of free and slave states the same
- e popular sovereignty
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- border ruffian
- Confederate States of America
- Fugitive Slave Act of 1850
- Fort Sumter
5 True/False Questions
A senator from Kentucky that proposed a series of amendments to the Constitution → Confederate States of America
What issue led to the formation of the republican party → anitslavery
The senator that divided Clay's plan into parts that could be voted on separately → Fort Sumter
How did the lincoln-douglas debates benefit lincoln? → lincoln was not very experienced, and the debates gave him experience
to control → temporary