5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- general obligation bond
- municipal bond
- closed-end fund
- net asset value
- no-load fund
- a a mutual fund in which the individual investor pays no commision.
- b sometimes called a "muni" is a security issued by a state or local (town,city,county) government to pay for its ongoing activities.
- c a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.
- d a bond that is backed by the full faith and credit of the government that issued it.
- e amount one share of a mutual fund is worth.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a bond that an investor can trade for shares of the corporation's common stock.
- sometimes referred to as a secured bond, is a bond that is backed by assets of the corporation.
- a report that provides potential investors with detailed information about a particular mutual fund.
- a bond that is registered in the owner's name for the face valule only and not for interest.
- is the date when a bond will be repaid.
5 True/False Questions
yield → is the rate of return, usually stated as a percentage, earned by an investor who holds a bond for a certain period of time.
call feature → allows a corporation to buy back bonds from bondholders before the maturity date.
serial bonds → are bonds issued at the same time that mature on different dates.
sinking fund → a mutual fund with an unlimited number of shares that are issued and redeemed by an investment company at the investors' request.
open-end fund → a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.