5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- serial bonds
- municipal bond
- capital gain
- subordinated debenture
- registered bond
- a are bonds issued at the same time that mature on different dates.
- b a bond registered in the owner's name by the company that issues the bond.
- c an unsecured bond that gives bond-holders a claim to interest payments and assets of the corporation only after all other bondholders have been paid.
- d the profit you make from selling your shares in a mutual fund for a higher price than you paid for them.
- e sometimes called a "muni" is a security issued by a state or local (town,city,county) government to pay for its ongoing activities.
5 Multiple choice questions
- are payments made to shareholders that result from the sale of securities in the fund's portfolio.
- sometimes referred to as a secured bond, is a bond that is backed by assets of the corporation.
- a fund to which a corporation makes deposits for the purpose of paying back a bond issue.
- the dollar amount that the bondholder (person who owns the bond) will recieve at the bond's maturity.
- amount one share of a mutual fund is worth.
5 True/False questions
no-load fund → a mutual fund in which the individual investor pays no commision.
closed-end fund → a mutual fund with a fixed number of shares that are issued by an investment company when the fund is first organized.
bearer bond → a bond that is not registered in the investor's name.
registered coupon bond → a bond registered in the owner's name by the company that issues the bond.
investment grade bonds → sometimes referred to as a secured bond, is a bond that is backed by assets of the corporation.