5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- World Trade Organization
- What is the result of a bipolar world?
- What is bandwagoning?
- a An analytical approach to international relations in which states function as part of a global society that sets the context for their interactions and that stresses the domestic sources of foreign policy.
- b An international organization created in 1994 to regulate trade and tariffs among its members.
- c Subbmission to big state, result in "explosion" and conflict (Cold War)
- d Situations characterized by reciprocal effects among countries or other actors.
- e A state joins more powerful state, losing independence (i.e. Italy ally emerging power)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Private-exclude, rival
- Nation-states are main actors. Any change is a shift in distribution. Economics determine politics. Goal: national interest
- Small state alliance to balance power, one state exercises preponderant power, usually military.
- German General Staff's early 20th century overall strategic plan for victory in a possible future war where it might find itself fighting on two fronts: France to the west and Russia to the east.
- Term to describe the distribution of power in an international system. Also, a realist theory about how states behave under anarchy.
5 True/False Questions
What kind of world live in "great powers"? → Bipolar
What is deterrence? → One sees economic classes as main actors. Change is tendency toward disequilibrium. Goal: class interest
What is Marxism? → One sees economic classes as main actors. Change is tendency toward disequilibrium. Goal: class interest
What is complex interdependence? → It has two dimensions: military and trade. The sensitivity interdependence was the scope/speed with which events in other countries impact you.
Constructivism → An analytical approach to international relations that emphasize the importance of ideas, norms, cultures, and social structures in shaping actors identities, interests, and actions.