5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pharyngeal tonsil
- Levator veli palatini
- Anterior ethmoidal artery, posterior ethmoidal artery and sphenopalatine arter
- The nerve supply to the anterior-superior portion of the nasal mucosa is
from the ______ by way of the
- What are the cartilages that make up the external nose?
- a ophthalmic nerve (V1); anterior and posterior
ethmoidal nerves, branches of the nasociliary nerve
- b lateral nasal, septal and alar
- c divide into lateral and medial (septal) branches
- d lymphoid tissue in dorsal wall of nasopharynx
- e muscle that elevates the soft palate during
swallowing. It runs from the cartilage of the pharyngotympanic tube to the
palatine aponeurosis. It is innervated by Vagus Nerve (CN X).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a muscle that forms the salpingopharyngeal fold. It runs from the posterior aspect of the cartilaginous part of the pharyngotympanic tube to blend with the palatopharyngeus muscle. It
helps to elevate the pharynx during swallowing. It is innervated by Vagus Nerve (CN X).
- pterygopalatine fossa.
- facial and ophthalmic arteries
- pterygopalatine fossa; infratemporal fossa
- middle ear (tympanic) cavity and nasopharynx
5 True/False Questions
The nasal cavity communicates with surface of _____ via nasolacrimal duct → the vestibule
Torus tubarius → elevation formed by cartilaginous portion of pharyngotympanic tube
CSF rhinorrhea → located in the middle meatus; has openings for secretions from frontal sinus, maxillary sinus and anterior ethmoid air cells
The anterior part of the nasal septum is the site of an ______ involving all five arteries supplying the septum called ____ → anastomotic arterial plexus; Kiesselbach area
What are the three functional areas of the nasal cavity → - bulla
- semilunar hiatus