5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Drive for french colonialism
- second phase of british colonialism
- a absorption of the Africans to European Culture and European acceptance of the Africans as a partner in government, business and missionary enterprise
- b contorlle dmost of india, australia new zealand, canada, and large portions of eastern and southern Africa
- c political, social, economic, and cultural domination of a territory and its people by a foreign power for an extended period of time.
- d policy of extending rule of a nation or empire over foreign nations and of taking and holding foreign colonies
- e state, the church, and the military rather than business interests
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- government without consent
- mission civilsatrice
- French policy of administration, British policy of indirect rule
- gave way for what is called "legitimate trade" colonialism
- the discovery of the Americas by C. Columbus followed by population movement motivated by (Gold God glory) and the defeat of the Arabs in Spain by Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand and the end of their occupation after centuries of presence
5 True/False Questions
Mercantilism → the accumulation of gold, silver, and slaves labour connection America Europe and Africa
4 main theories of colonial administration → assimilation, association, direct rule, indirect rule
social Darwinism → emphasizes the alleged superiority of European race over other races "natural selection and the "survival of the fittest"
evangelical Christianity → emphasizes the alleged superiority of European race over other races "natural selection and the "survival of the fittest"
mission civilsatrice → to spread French culture, language, and religion throughout the colonies