5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- • ACL injuries usually occur _
- • Rest is often the only treatment needed _
- What is a strain?
- What are the manifestations of a Subluxation?
- • Fractures can be classified as _
- a Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
- b _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
- c Excessive stretching of a muscle and its fascial sheath, often involving the tendon.
- d _for bursitis
- e _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- _the majority of fractures
- _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
- _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.
- Decrease inflammation and pain for most soft tissue injuries.
- Directed toward pain relief and support and protection of the injured joint.
5 True/False Questions
• Manifestations of rotator cuff include _ → _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
• Bursitis results from _ → _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains? → Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
What is a repetitive strain injury? → RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
What are the effects of a mild sprain? → Pain, edema, and decrease in function.