5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- • Bursitis results from _
- What are the symptoms of a sprain and strain?
- What are the manifestations of a Subluxation?
- • Manifestations of rotator cuff include _
- What is a repetitive strain injury?
- a Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
- b Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
- c _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
- d _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
- e RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.
- Through education and ergonomics.
- _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.
- Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
- Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
5 True/False questions
What is a sprain? → Excessive stretching of a muscle and its fascial sheath, often involving the tendon.
What is Dislocation? → Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
• ACL injuries usually occur _ → _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.
• Signs of fracture include _ → _immediate localized pain, decreased function, and inability to bear weight or use affected part. Obvious bone deformity may be present.
How are strains and sprains classified? → First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.