5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains?
- • Fractures can be classified as _
- What is a strain?
- • A Colles' fracture is a _
- • Rest is often the only treatment needed _
- a _for bursitis
- b _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
- c _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
- d Excessive stretching of a muscle and its fascial sheath, often involving the tendon.
- e Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
- Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
- Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
- First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
- _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
5 True/False questions
• Traumatic injuries account for _ → _the majority of fractures
• Signs of fracture include _ → _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
What is RICE? → Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
What is the point of RICE? → Decrease inflammation and pain for most soft tissue injuries.
What are the manifestations of a Subluxation? → Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.