5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What can severe strains require?
- • Bursitis results from _
- How are strains and sprains classified?
- What does dislocation require?
- What are signs of CTS?
- a Signs are weakness, especially in thumb, burning pain, tingling, numbness, and a positive Phalen's test.
- b First, second or third degree depending on the amount of damage.
- c _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
- d Prompt attention. Realignment and then immobilization by bracing, taping or using a sling to allow time for ligaments and tissue to heal.
- e Surgical repair of a muscle and surrounding fascia or tendons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
- Rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- _shoulder weakness, pain, and decreased range of motion (ROM).
- Local pain, tenderness, loss of function of injured part, and swelling of soft tissues in joint region.
- Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
5 True/False questions
• Bone goes through_ → _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
• Fracture is a _ → _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
What is Dislocation? → Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
What are the symptoms of a sprain and strain? → Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
What is the point of RICE? → Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.