5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What can reduce the risk of sprains and strains?
- What is a sprain?
- What are the effects of a mild sprain?
- • Fractures can be classified as _
- What is the point of RICE?
- a _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
- b Warming up prior to exercising and before vigorous activity followed by stretching.
- c Decrease inflammation and pain for most soft tissue injuries.
- d Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
- e Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Prevention involves educating employees and employers to identify risk factors.
- Surgical repair of a muscle and surrounding fascia or tendons.
- Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
- Directed toward pain relief and support and protection of the injured joint.
- _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
5 True/False questions
What is Subluxation? → Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
• Rotator cuff injury may occur _ → _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
• Rest is often the only treatment needed _ → _immediate localized pain, decreased function, and inability to bear weight or use affected part. Obvious bone deformity may be present.
• ACL injuries usually occur _ → _gradually from aging, repetitive stress, or injury to the shoulder while falling.
What are other manifestations of dislocation? → Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.