5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- • Bursitis results from _
- What are the manifestations of a Subluxation?
- What is the most obvious sign of Dislocation?
- What is a repetitive strain injury?
- How is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused?
- a Deformity.
- b Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
- c Similar to dislocation, but may require less time to heal.
- d RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
- e _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
5 Multiple choice questions
- _the majority of fractures
- Severe injury of the ligamentous structure that surrounds a joint.
- _from noncontact when the athlete pivots, lands from a jump, or slows down when running.
- CTS - caused by compression of the median nerve, which enters the hand through carpal tunnel.
- Identifying the precipitating activity, modification of activity, pain management with heat/cold application, rest, physical therapy, for strengthening and conditioning, and lifestyle changes.
5 True/False questions
What is Subluxation? → Partial or incomplete displacement of the joint surface.
What can severe strains require? → Surgical repair of a muscle and surrounding fascia or tendons.
• Bone goes through_ → _eight stages of self-healing (union).
• Fracture is a _ → _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
What is a sprain? → Excessive stretching of a muscle and its fascial sheath, often involving the tendon.