5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome caused?
- What is a repetitive strain injury?
- • Signs of fracture include _
- • Fracture is a _
- • Bursitis results from _
- a _immediate localized pain, decreased function, and inability to bear weight or use affected part. Obvious bone deformity may be present.
- b _repeated or excessive trauma or friction, rheumatoid arthritis, or infection.
- c RSI - cumulative traumatic disorder resulting from repetitive movements, awkward postures or sustained force.
- d _disruption or break in the continuity of the bone structure.
- e Pressure from trauma or edema caused by inflammation of tendon (tenosynovitis), rheumatoid arthritis or soft tissue masses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- _displaced (open) or nondisplaced (closed) depending on communication or noncommunication with the external environment.
- _for bursitis
- Self limiting, with full functioning returning within 3 - 6 weeks.
- Surgical repair of a muscle and surrounding fascia or tendons.
- _fracture of the distal radius. Manifestations are pain, swelling, and obvious deformity of the wrist.
5 True/False Questions
How are strains and sprains classified? → Injury to ligamentous structures surrounding a joint, usually caused by wrenching or twisting motion.
What are the manifestations of a Subluxation? → Local pain, tenderness, loss of function of injured part, and swelling of soft tissues in joint region.
• Bone goes through_ → _eight stages of self-healing (union).
What are the symptoms of a sprain and strain? → Pain, edema, and decrease in function.
How can RSI be prevented? → Through education and ergonomics.