5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.
- b Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- c Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, and throat.
- d Surgical removal of the larynx.
- e Inflammatin of the sinuses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bleeding from the nose.
- Medication administered to prevent, or relieve coughing.
- Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
- Testing method that utilizes a spirometer to record the volume of air inhaled or exhaled and the length of tiem each breath takes.
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
5 True/False Questions
bronchiectasis → Condition in which the lung fails to expand because air cannot pass beyond the bronchioles that are blocked by secretions.
asphyxia → The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
tracheotomy → Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
laryngoplegia → Paralysis of the larynx.
hypoxia → A condition of having below normal oxygen level in the blood.