5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Visual examination of the bronchi using a bronchoscope.
- b Contagious bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract that is characterized by a spasm like cough.
- c Absence of spontaneous respiration.
- d The condition that occurs when the body cannot get the air it needs to function.
- e An abnormal condition caused by dust in the lungs that usually develops after years of environmental or occupationa contact.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.
- Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
- The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
- The form pneumoconiosos caused by coal dust in the lungs.
- Excessive discharge of mucus from the bronchi
5 True/False Questions
aphonia → The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
pleurectomy → Surgical removal of all or part of a lung.
hyperpnea → Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
polysomnography → Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
thoracentesis → Surgical creation of an opening into the chest.