5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Surgical removal of the larynx.
- b Excessive discharge of mucus from the bronchi
- c Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
- d Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
- e Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Absence of spontaneous respiration.
- Inflammatin of the sinuses.
- Test that measures physiological activity during sleep.
- An infectious disease caused by mycobacterium tuberculosi.
- Pain in the pleura.
5 True/False questions
epistaxis → The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
pneumonectomy → Surgical removal of part of the pleura.
laryngoplegia → Paralysis of the larynx.
otolaryngologist → Paralysis of the larynx.
cystic fibrosis → Genetic disorder in which the lungs are clogged with large amounts of abnormally thick mucus.