5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Visual examination of the larynx using a laryngoscope.
- b Inflammatin of the sinuses.
- c The loss of the ability of the laryns to produce normal speech sounds.
- d Medication that expands the opening of the passages into the lungs.
- e Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Creating an opening into the trachea and inserting a tube to facilitate the passage of air or the removal of secretions.
- The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
- Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
- accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
- The condition of having below normal oxygen levels in the body tissues and cells.
5 True/False questions
asthma → A chronic alleric disorder characterized by spisodes of severe breathing difficulty, coughing and wheezing.
pulmonologist → Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
pulse oximeter → External monitor to measure the oxygen saturation level in the blood.
bradypnea → Absence of spontaneous respiration.
croup → Absence of spontaneous respiration.