5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cystic fibrosis
- a Inglammation of the visceral and parietal pleura in the toracic cavity.
- b Genetic disorder in which the lungs are clogged with large amounts of abnormally thick mucus.
- c Creating an opening into the trachea and inserting a tube to facilitate the passage of air or the removal of secretions.
- d Bleeding from the nose.
- e The cavity located between the lungs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Usually an emergency procedure in which an incision is made into the trachea to gain acdess to the airway below a blockage.
- Inflammatin of the sinuses.
- Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
- accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
- Specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders of the lungs and associated tissues.
5 True/False questions
atelectasis → The form of pneumoconiosis caused by asbestos particles in the lungs.
laryngitis → Inflammation of the pharynx; also known as a sore throat.
hyperpnea → Abnormal increase in the depth and rate of the respiratory movements.
emphysema → accumulation of pus in the pleural cavity.
laryngectomy → Surgical removal of the larynx.