← Module B Quiz Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- T or F Surgical records are part of the permanent record for the patient. This makes them a legal document.
- this incision is oriented parallel to the last rib
- T or F It is a good idea to express the bladder for both dog spays and neuters
- T or F When open gloving it is not possible to keep the outside of the glove completely sterile.
- What type of gloving is recommended for some procedures, particularly orthopedic surgeries?
- a T
- b paracostal incision
- c T ( Although most important for a spay to increase the space in the abdomen, if any animal urinates during surgery it will soak the drapes and could cause strike through.)
- d F
- e double gloving
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- right ear
- 1. Two letters: indicates clinic or org. that placed tatto 2. Single Letter: indicates year tattoo placed 3. Number: indicates chronological placement in logbook
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following best describes putting on a sterile surgical gown?
a. If folded correctly it is possible to pick up and put on your sterile gown without touching it.
b. An assistant should reach over your shoulder to grab the ties of the gown.
c. You must always glove before touching your sterile gown.
d. You should pick up your sterile gown from inside the sleeves only. → d
This insion can be performed on a standing or recumbant animal → paracostal incision
T or F The surgery table needs to be positioned on the lowest setting to facilitate lifting the patient onto the table. → F
T or F It is okay to see some undraped table between the patient and the mayo stand → F
T or F When drying your hands after a surgical scrub you should use one side of the sterile towel for one hand and arm and the opposite side for the other hand and arm. → F (The important thing is contact time with the antiseptic scrub - it is important to ensure the antiseptic has enough time to kill bacteria on the skin surface (generally about 5 minutes of contact time is needed)- you do not need to scrub vigorously. Over zealous scrubbing can damage the skin and may actually expose microbes from deeper tissues layers to surface.)