5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Exercise is restricted in small animals for up to ____ days to allow incisions to heal.
- When preparing a patient for surgery which of the following could be used for the final prep?
Choose one answer. a. betadine scrub
b. chlorhexidine solution
c. chlorhexidine scrub
d. isopropyl alcohol
- What type of gloving is recommended for some procedures, particularly orthopedic surgeries?
- T or F Open gloving cannot be down when wearing a sterile surgical gown.
- When clipping the patient for surgical prep if it is done improperly it can result in _______ , which can cause a lot of irritation to the patient
- a double gloving
- b F
- c clipper burn
- d 14
- e b
5 Multiple choice questions
- F (The important thing is contact time with the antiseptic scrub - it is important to ensure the antiseptic has enough time to kill bacteria on the skin surface (generally about 5 minutes of contact time is needed)- you do not need to scrub vigorously. Over zealous scrubbing can damage the skin and may actually expose microbes from deeper tissues layers to surface.)
- paracostal incision
- ventral midline incision
5 True/False questions
T or F Surgical records are part of the permanent record for the patient. This makes them a legal document. → T
Marks: 1 A tattoo is placed in the _______ of animals that have been surgically altered. → F
This incision cuts through each abdominal muscle layer rather than the linea alba → paracostal incision
When prepping a patient for surgery how many times should the scrub be repeated? → b
How many inches must the fold of each drape be placed from the edge of the proposed incision site → ventral midline incision