6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- Principle that a sedimentary rock layer is older or younger.
- The time required for half of a sample of a radioactive isotope.
- a method of the absolute age of an object.
- The principle that a fault or body of rock is younger than any other body of rock.
- most fossils are discovered in this rock
- newly formed isotopes
5 True/False Questions
varve → a light colored band of coarse particles and a dark band of fine particles.
trace fossil → A fossil thats used to esablish the age of a rock layer.
fossil record → Provides information about the geological history of earth
Parent isotope → newly formed isotopes
relative age → The age of an object in relation to the ages of other objects.