5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sternocleidomastoid muscle
- CN # 7
- obicularis oris
- a originates- clavicle, insertion- mastoid process of temporal bone, action- turns head from left to right, innervation- CN # 11
- b positioned under geniohyoid, originates- mylohyoid line on mandible, inserts- in hyoid bone, action- elevates and moves slightly anterior the hyoid bone, innevated- mylohyoid nerve
- c facial nerve
- d on moveable bone, bone will move as a result of muscle action- what results from contraction
- e origin- soft tissue around mouth, inserts- soft tissue around mouth, action- closes lips to a sucking or pursing action, innervation- CN #7
5 Multiple choice questions
- syndrome that affects CN # 7- facial nerve, the muscles that are stimulated by the facial nerve do not get stimulated on either the right or the left side, droopy eyelids, or frown, has the appearance of a stroke, idiopathic- questionable cause, it is not known why or how it starts or goes away.
- how many groups of muscles does the tongue have?
- origin- lateral ptergoid process, inserts, angle of mandible, action- mimics masseter on medial side, elevates mandible, innervated- CN # 5
- which muscle has two bellys, posterior and anterior?
- what muscles shapes the coronoid process
5 True/False questions
thyrohyoid → origin- thyroid cartilage, inserts- hyoid bone, action- depresses hyoid bone, and innervated- cervical nerves, short and thick
masseter → origin- masseter muscle, inserts- angle of the mouth, action- widens mouth opening, innervation- CN # 7
CN # 11 → facial nerve
muscles of mastication → muscles that allow you to smile or frown, all will give facial expression, and all are innervated by CN # 7
stylohyoid → positioned under geniohyoid, originates- mylohyoid line on mandible, inserts- in hyoid bone, action- elevates and moves slightly anterior the hyoid bone, innevated- mylohyoid nerve