5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- medial ptergoid process
- floor of mouth
- intrinsic muscles of the tongue
- anterior belly of digastric
- a which muscle is a smaller version of the masseter?
- b these muscles are responsible for shaping the tounge during speech, chewing and swallowing
- c origin- madible, inserts on hyoid bone, action- elevates hyoid and moves slightly anterior, innervated- CN # 7
- d origin- thyroid cartilage, inserts- hyoid bone, action- depresses hyoid bone, and innervated- cervical nerves, short and thick
- e together the geneohyoid a d mylohyoid muscles form what?
5 Multiple choice questions
- origin- masseter muscle, inserts- angle of the mouth, action- widens mouth opening, innervation- CN # 7
- which nerve will stimulate that muscle to contract
- positioned under geniohyoid, originates- mylohyoid line on mandible, inserts- in hyoid bone, action- elevates and moves slightly anterior the hyoid bone, innevated- mylohyoid nerve
- origin- at sternum, inserts on thyroid cartilage, depresses hyoid, and aids in swallowing, innervated by cervical nerves, short and thick
- origin- zygomatic bone, inserts- at corner of lip, action- elevates commisures of lips for smiling, innervation- CN #7
5 True/False questions
stylohyoid → positioned under geniohyoid, originates- mylohyoid line on mandible, inserts- in hyoid bone, action- elevates and moves slightly anterior the hyoid bone, innevated- mylohyoid nerve
trapezius muscle → depress hyoid bone, all are innervated by cervical nerves, and all aid in swallowing
4 → how many muscles of mastication are there?
obicularis oculi → origin- soft tissue around mouth, inserts- soft tissue around mouth, action- closes lips to a sucking or pursing action, innervation- CN #7
levator labii superioris → origin- mandible, inserts- angle of mouth, action- depresses corner of mouth for frown, innervation- CN # 7