← PSYC Exam 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cog. Dissonance Reduction
- Latent Learning
- a Pent-up aggression needs to be released in a safe way/method
- b Measured by observable behavior.
- c Conditioned Response: reaction to CS (after it has been associated with with UCS) -> reaching for mint
- d When learning occurs but it is not readily observable
- e -reject/modify belief
-resist and rationalize
-Public commitment effect reduction
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Obedience: 65% went to 450 watts
- Intensity of CS, CR
Muscular vs. Visceral
- Baby presented with bunny (no sound).
Baby presented with bunny w/ scary sounds.
Baby presented bunny --> scared.
Baby later scared of white things.
- -proximity to authority figure
-proximity to subject being punished
-gender of participant
-prestige of authority
- -magic #: 7 -/+ 2
-is constantly a process
-rehearsal (repeating phone #)
-chunking - (phone #s)
5 True/False Questions
Ratio Schedule → -reinforcement is delivered after a fixed # of responses/interval of time
FR-3: every 3rd time x happens, y happens
UCS → Unconditioned Stimulus: stimulus that produces a certain reaction -> mint
Dialectical Reasoning → Critically analyzing and comparing two opposing POV's
Negative Punishment → No TV
Cognition → content + preocess