5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Know how to estimate max heart rate.
- How many calories are in a pound of fat?
- What is an internal and external locus of control?
- How can one prevent back pain?
- Dynamic training.
- a 1. Be physically active 2. regularly strengthen the core of the body 3. lift heavy objects by bending knees 4.sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees or on your side with your knees drawn up in a small pillow between your knees (see page 271 for additional information)
- b 3500 cal
- c Internal control is people who believe that they have control of events in their life. External control is when a person believes that a certain result happen cause of chance or the environment and is unrelated to their behavior.
- d Strength training method referred to a muscle contraction with movement
- e M HR equals 207-(.7 x age)
5 Multiple choice questions
- RDA stands for recommended dietary allowance. RDA is the daily amount of nutrients.
- Maximum on oxygen the body is able to utilize permanent physical activity, commonly expressed in milliliters; the best indicator of cardiorespiratory or aerobic fitness
- 1. physical inactivity 2. poor postural habits and body mechanics 3. excessive body weight 4. psychological stress
- Physical fitness standards are set higher than health fitness standards and require a more intensive exercise program. Health benefits can be reaped with a healthy fitness program, although fitness improvements are not as noticeable. Physical fitness is enjoyed by people of all ages who have the freedom to enjoy most of life's daily and recreational activities to their fullest potential. Current health fitness standards may not be enough to achieve these goals.
- Health care expenditures have increased dramatically due to our sedentary life. Health care has risen in the United States from $12 billion dollars in 1952 to $2 trillion dollars in 2006, the United States spends more per person than any other industrialized country. Scientific evidence now links participation in fitness and wellness programs to better health and to lower medical costs and higher job productivity.
5 True/False questions
Free weights versus machines. → See page 224 for information
How is resting heart rate assessed? → Health related fitness is a program that is prescribed to improve an individuals' overall health.
What factors determine health and longevity? → Neural stimulation, type of muscle fiber, overload, and specificity of training
What are the common techniques to assess body composition? → Yes, BMI incorporates a right and weight to estimate critical fat values on which the risk for disease increases however it does not provide an estimate of percent body fat.
RICE → Parameter to determine thiness and excessive fatness that incorpates height and wieght to estimate critical fat at which the rick for diease increase