5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is nutrition related to osteoporosis and iron deficiency?
- What is a technique of change and how do they relate to the process? Know some examples.
- What factors determine health and longevity?
- What is a SMART Goal?
- Define FITT for cardiorespiratory endurance.
- a Methods of procedures used during each process of change. For example, following dinner, people with a weight problem often cannot resist constant snacking during the rest of the evening until its time to retire for the night.
- b An acronym used to describe for cardiorespiratory exercise prescription variables; frequency, intensity, type (mode) and time (duration)
- c Osteoporosis is the lack of minerals required to keep bones strong. Iron deficiency is inadequate iron intake.
- d Modification Smart goal is a well conceived action plan that will help you attain goals. S stands for specific and M stands for measurable and A stands for acceptable and R stands for realistic and T stands for time specific.
- e Genetics, environment, and behavior
5 Multiple choice questions
- Wellness is the constant and deliberate effort to stay healthy and achieve the highest potential for well being. Seven dimensions are: physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental, occupational, and spiritual.
- Physical fitness standards are set higher than health fitness standards and require a more intensive exercise program. Health benefits can be reaped with a healthy fitness program, although fitness improvements are not as noticeable. Physical fitness is enjoyed by people of all ages who have the freedom to enjoy most of life's daily and recreational activities to their fullest potential. Current health fitness standards may not be enough to achieve these goals.
- It is important because it affects our health in your will to exercise
- Compounds such as vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, and selenium that prevents oxygen from combining with other substances in the body to form harmful compounds. It could be found in fruits and vegetables.
- Plastic elongation - permanent lengthening of soft tissue. Elastic elongation - temporary lengthening of soft tissue
5 True/False questions
What causes back pain? → Short for "metabolic equivalent," the rate of energy expenditure at rest; 1 MET is equivalent to a VO₂ of 3.5 mL\kg\min.
Define motivation and locus of control. → Motivation is the desire to do something and locus of control is a concept examining the extent to which a person believes he or she can influence the external environment.
Define health → Health is a state of complete well-being - not just the absence of disease or infirmity.
What percentage of Americans are affected by back pain? → 1. Be physically active 2. regularly strengthen the core of the body 3. lift heavy objects by bending knees 4.sleep on your back with a pillow under your knees or on your side with your knees drawn up in a small pillow between your knees (see page 271 for additional information)
Benefits of strength training. → Emotional, behavioral, and physical condition marked by increased fatigue, decreased performance, persistent muscle soreness, mood disturbances, and the feeling of stillness or burnt out as a result of excessive physical training