5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Economic and health benefits of a wellness program.
- What is specificity of training?
- What is a healthy waist circumference for men and women (low disease risk)?
- What is health-related fitness?
- What is an appropriate percentage of HRR for one to exercise in?
- a Principal that training must be done with the specific muscle the person is attempting to improve.
- b 50 to 60%
- c Women: less than 32 1/2 Men: less than 35 1/2
- d Health care expenditures have increased dramatically due to our sedentary life. Health care has risen in the United States from $12 billion dollars in 1952 to $2 trillion dollars in 2006, the United States spends more per person than any other industrialized country. Scientific evidence now links participation in fitness and wellness programs to better health and to lower medical costs and higher job productivity.
- e Health related fitness is a program that is prescribed to improve an individuals' overall health.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Individuals whose diet is of vegetables or plant origin.
- The process which permanently changes negative behaviors to positive behaviors that will tend to better health and well-being
- Chronic conditions related to a lack of physical activity such as hypertension, heart disease, chronic lower back pain, and obesity.
- See page 224 for information
- Strength is a basic health-related fitness component and is an important one this component for optimal performance in daily activities such as sitting, walking, running, lifting and carrying objects. Endurance is necessary to help maintain a healthy heart, good strength contributes more to independent living than any other fitness component.
5 True/False questions
What is an internal and external locus of control? → Internal control is people who believe that they have control of events in their life. External control is when a person believes that a certain result happen cause of chance or the environment and is unrelated to their behavior.
What percentage of the diet should come from carbohydrate, protein and fat? → Carbs - 45 - 65% (mostly complex carbohydrates; less than 25% from sugar. Fat - 20 - 35%. Protein - 10 - 35%
What is rate of perceived exertion? → Individuals whose diet is of vegetables or plant origin.
What are tips for selecting healthy foods? → Genetics, environment, and behavior
What is an antioxidant and what foods are high in antioxidants? → Compounds such as vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, and selenium that prevents oxygen from combining with other substances in the body to form harmful compounds. It could be found in fruits and vegetables.