5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why is strength training important for older adults?
- What is rate of perceived exertion?
- Be familiar with Calcium, Iron, and Sodium.
- What is an appropriate percentage of HRR for one to exercise in?
- What characterizes the Mediterranean diet?
- a Calcium is a mineral which is found in milk, yogurt and cheese and is required for strong teeth and bone formation. Iron is a major component hemoglobin and aids in the energy utilization and can be found in organ meats, lean meats, seafoods and eggs. Sodium is needed for body fluid of regulation, transmission of nerve impulses in heart action and can be found in table salt, processed foods, and meat.
- b 50 to 60%
- c A perception scale to monitor or interpret the intensity of aerobic exercise
- d The diet features olive oil, grains (whole, not refined), legumes, vegetables, fruits and limited amounts of meat, fish, red wines, nuts, and dairy product. It is a semi vegetarian diet.
- e Enhances the quality of life, improves balance and restores mobility
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- See page 224 for information
- Principal that training must be done with the specific muscle the person is attempting to improve.
- Stopping in negative behavior, preventing relapse of the negative behavior, developing a positive behavior, strengthening positive behavior and maintaining positive behavior.
- 1. select nutritious foods (whole foods and lean meats) 2. learn of nutritional value of typical foods 3. Vary your choices 4. Low plate with vegetables and unrefined sugars
- Motivation is the desire to do something and locus of control is a concept examining the extent to which a person believes he or she can influence the external environment.
5 True/False Questions
Define self efficacy and know what contributes to it. → Motivation is the desire to do something and locus of control is a concept examining the extent to which a person believes he or she can influence the external environment.
What is a MET? → Short for "metabolic equivalent," the rate of energy expenditure at rest; 1 MET is equivalent to a VO₂ of 3.5 mL\kg\min.
How much weight do most adults gain per year? → M HR equals 207-(.7 x age)
Define SAID training. → Emotional, behavioral, and physical condition marked by increased fatigue, decreased performance, persistent muscle soreness, mood disturbances, and the feeling of stillness or burnt out as a result of excessive physical training
What is a phytonutrient and where are they found? → Compounds thought to prevent and fight cancer; found in large quantities in fruits and vegetables.