← TKAM Vocabulary I Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the lower edges of a roof which usually project beyond the side of a building
- b in this case, members of a particular church or sect
- c a corset is a ladies undergarment designed to produce a particular effect on the figure.
- d a _________ is a preference, or a preferred way of doing something
- e A ________ is a house or a place where a person lives. If you are________ somewhere, that is where you live.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a minor city official, lower in rank than either a sheriff or a policeman
- devotion to religious duties and practices
- in this case, a formal statement of principle
- walked at a slow, leisurely pace.
5 True/False Questions
strictures → in this case, members of a particular church or sect
human chattels → A ________ is a house or a place where a person lives. If you are________ somewhere, that is where you live.
impudent → to be _______ is to be shamelessly bold, as if you don't care what anyone thinks about you.
impotent → powerless
Methodists → members of a branch of a Protestant Christian denomination