← Unit 3 Vocabulary Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the study of the supposed connection between the movement of planets and stars and human affairs
- b no government; the absence of government
- c star
- d the chief (most important) enemy
- e government, to govern, chief, first, ancient
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- star-shaped symbol (*) used to indicate footnotes, references, omissions. etc.
- a hypothetical form of government in which scientists, engineers, and other technical experts are in charge
- so large that it can be compared to the scale of the stars
- a government by the people; a government where a large segment of the population gets to participate in decision making.
- a government controlled by a small group of people.
5 True/False Questions
bureaucracy → the numerous departments and subdivisions within a government
matriarch → the chief or oldest (most ancient) or most respected female in a family; woman who is regarded as the founder of something
disaster → star
archaeology → study of ancient cultures
meritocracy → a government whose leaders are selected on the basis of their ability; the most able (skillful, intelligent, wise...) hold the power