5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Box like temple in Mecca. People gather around it to pray.
- b the sacred text of Islam
- c members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750
- d body of Islamic law that includes interpretation of the Quran and applies Islamic principles to everyday life.
- e the Muslim establishment
5 Multiple choice questions
- The decimation of the first temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- Latin philosopher and theologian. His writings were very influential.
- dynasty that ruled in Bagdad from 750-1258
- where Muhammad fled when he was getting death threats
- the sacred text of Judaism
5 True/False questions
Monotheistic → believing in one God
Sultan → the sacred text of Islam
Moses → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Diaspora → from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
Babylonian Captivity → made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.