5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Destruction of the Temple
- a person who suffers or died for his or her beliefs
- b from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
- c believing in one God
- d The decimation of the first temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- e a binding agreement; specifically in the Jewish tradition, that God made with Abraham
5 Multiple choice questions
- Muslim ruler
- Christians believe He is the son of God, the Messiah.
- body of Islamic law that includes interpretation of the Quran and applies Islamic principles to everyday life.
- a member of one of the largest Muslim sects; Sunnis believe that inspiration came from the example of Muhammad as recorded by his early followers
- Jews living outside Israel.
5 True/False questions
Umayyads → members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750
Moses → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
5 Pillars → 1. Declare your faith
2. Pray 5 times a day
4. Must fast during Ramadan
5. Hajj (if you are financially and physically able)
Mosque → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Torah → the sacred text of Judaism