5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the sacred text of Judaism
- b from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
- c dynasty that ruled in Bagdad from 750-1258
- d a member of one of the largest Muslim sects; Sunnis believe that inspiration came from the example of Muhammad as recorded by his early followers
- e founder of Islam
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the most influential early Christian missionaries. Formerly known by Saul, after his conversion, he began to preach the message of Jesus as the Messiah and son of God.
- made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.
- 9th month of the Islamic calendar. Cant eat or drink while the sun is up.
- believing in one God
- the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad
5 True/False questions
Medina → Muhammad's birthplace
Mecca → where Muhammad fled when he was getting death threats
Apostles → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Martyr → disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles
Clergy → religious belief that is contrary to the official teachings of a church