5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Destruction of the Temple
- a a binding agreement; specifically in the Jewish tradition, that God made with Abraham
- b The decimation of the first temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- c believing in one God
- d dynasty that ruled in Bagdad from 750-1258
- e Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Latin philosopher and theologian. His writings were very influential.
- the sacred text of Judaism
- disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles
- the sacred text of Islam
- Muslim ruler
5 True/False Questions
Mecca → where Muhammad fled when he was getting death threats
Hajj → one of the five pillars of Islam. Pilgrimage to Mecca that all Muslims are expected to make at least one in their lifetime (If financially and physically able)
Hijra → from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
Sunni → body of Islamic law that includes interpretation of the Quran and applies Islamic principles to everyday life.
Paul → one of the five pillars of Islam. Pilgrimage to Mecca that all Muslims are expected to make at least one in their lifetime (If financially and physically able)