5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Babylonian Captivity
- Ten Commandments
- a Muhammad's birthplace
- b principals, laws, and rules that Jewish people have to follow, that were revealed to Moses (by God)
- c period of time where the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon. (c. 568-538 BCE)
- d successor to Muhammad as political and religious leader of the Muslims
- e religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The decimation of the first temple in Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- a binding agreement; specifically in the Jewish tradition, that God made with Abraham
- 9th month of the Islamic calendar. Cant eat or drink while the sun is up.
- Box like temple in Mecca. People gather around it to pray.
5 True/False Questions
Hijra → from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
Quran → the sacred text of Islam
Mosque → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Sultan → Muslim ruler
Sharia → a member of one of the largest Muslim sects; Sunnis believe that inspiration came from the example of Muhammad as recorded by his early followers