5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Christians believe He is the son of God, the Messiah.
- b a member of one of the largest Muslim sects; Sunnis believe that inspiration came from the example of Muhammad as recorded by his early followers
- c from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
- d made Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire, so he could control it.
- e dynasty that ruled in Bagdad from 750-1258
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- person who suffers or died for his or her beliefs
- Muslim ruler
- religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
- Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
5 True/False Questions
Kaaba → 9th month of the Islamic calendar. Cant eat or drink while the sun is up.
Babylonian Captivity → period of time where the Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon. (c. 568-538 BCE)
Apostles → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Augustine → Muslim ruler
Shi'a → the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad