5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Head of the Roman Catholic Church; in ancient Rome, bishop of Rome who claimed authority over all other bishops.
- b a member of one of the largest Muslim sects; Sunnis believe that inspiration came from the example of Muhammad as recorded by his early followers
- c founder of Islam
- d body of Islamic law that includes interpretation of the Quran and applies Islamic principles to everyday life.
- e Box like temple in Mecca. People gather around it to pray.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Jews living outside Israel.
- disciple of Jesus and leader of the apostles
- successor to Muhammad as political and religious leader of the Muslims
- a binding agreement; specifically in the Jewish tradition, that God made with Abraham
- the One who was believed to have been the son of God.
5 True/False Questions
Hajj → from Mecca to Medina 622 CE Muhammad was getting death threats so he had to leave. Goes there to get more followers. Islam gains control of Mecca and Medina.
Mosque → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Moses → religious leader, lawgiver and prophet. Most important prohet in the Jewish religion. Also considered an important prophet in Christianity and Islam.
Bishop → high ranking Church official with authority over a local area, or diocese.
Umayyads → members of the Sunni dynasty of caliphs that rules a Muslim empire from 661 to 750